Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September 11th, 2001 - I'm sure you can remember exactly what you were doing!

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

September 11th, 2001 - I'm sure you can remember exactly what you were doing!

I was at work and since I was one of the few to have multiple monitors.. I was the one who had CNN.com on there screen all day!!

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I worked for a US army JOC contractor on one of the countries largest stockpiles of chemical weapons. I was nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was exactly one month from graduating AIT in the Army. I was on the night class rotation and had just laid down to sleep when my suite mate came in and told me what happened. None of us got sleep that day. We all knew we were going to war.

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ex wife was working in manhattan, she called me at home i was sleeping because i worked nights. she said turn on the tv,

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a freshman in college. I was in class, the department secretary came to the door and whispered to my professor. My professor turned to the class with both panic and a calmness in her voice and said the United States is under attack, classes have been dismissed for the day.

dsj51
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was working in a beer distributor. We always have a radio on, so I was listening as it happened. I remember when the 1st plane hit, they weren't sure if they were getting a fake report. I could see yhe smoke from my job and house

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a senior in high school. My mom woke me up early and told me to look at what happen. I remember teachers having the news on in class for the entire week.

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in college...woke up and went to my computer and got on AOL instant messenger and got a ton of messages asking me if I saw what happened...quickly turned on the TV and tuned in like everyone else at the time

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

mantle7man
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was supposed to fly out of the Roanoke airport that morning to go to Atlantic City for a conference.....the first time I had flown in over 20 years. I heard about the first plane on the radio, but figured some small plane had crashed. On arriving at the airport I saw everyone watching the TV and a couple of minutes later seeing the plane had hit the Pentagon. Flights were cancelled and the guy going with me called our boss to tell her. She told him to drive both of us to Atlantic City (worst boss I ever had). We drove about 2 hours when she had someone else call us to tell us the conference had been cancelled (as I predicted). When I got home I was almost as angry with her as I was with the terrorists.
    A lot changed that day for the entire country.
    Collector of Autographs, TTM autographs, Vintage, Yankees and Mantle
    Sets completed 1955-1965, 1967, 1969, 1951 Topps Red & Blue Back, 1951 Bowman, 1955 Bowman, 1963 Fleer, 1965 Topps Embossed, 1961 Topps Stamps, 1962 Topps Stamps & 1968 Topps Game.
    Yankee needs:1956 Rizzuto pin & some 1961 & 62 Topps stamp pairs. Need T209 Contentnea Roanoke players.dano 7 by Danny Secrist, on Flickr

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just posted the question "what were you doing on 9/11?" on facebook. I was working on a website in my first apartment, and a client called me, and she wanted me to put a message on the website about it. I said "huh?" She told me to turn on the tv, and sure enough ...
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wrote this a few years ago on here, mostly to get it out of my system.

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/foru...14#post2040414

The pictures that were in the thread seem to have been removed, but you will get the gist of it.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." Abraham Lincoln

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
    I wrote this a few years ago on here, mostly to get it out of my system.

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/foru...14#post2040414

The pictures that were in the thread seem to have been removed, but you will get the gist of it.
    I was reread your story, and was going to respond, but I think my original response in that thread is still appropriate. And your story and writing is still as powerful.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was sleeping. My wife came in and told me to turn on the tv. I couldn't beleive it. My son was in the next room watching it on tv. It was his 20th birthday, and 9/11 was a big reason he joined the Army.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    I was reread your story, and was going to respond, but I think my original response in that thread is still appropriate. And your story and writing is still as powerful.

Thanks. I had decided this morning that I was not going to re-read that post today - it just hurts too much. But, when I saw this thread I did reread it and it brought it all back. So much raw emotion came flooding back even after all these years. Now, I feel like a fool sitting at work with tears in my eyes. Man, I hate today.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." Abraham Lincoln

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
    Thanks. I had decided this morning that I was not going to re-read that post today - it just hurts too much. But, when I saw this thread I did reread it and it brought it all back. So much raw emotion came flooding back even after all these years. Now, I feel like a fool sitting at work with tears in my eyes. Man, I hate today.
    I had tears in my eyes myself, if you don't, or at least if it doesn't make you feel something, you aren't human.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast