Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OAA stat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
So it's a similar concept to the Defensive Runs Saved stat but specifically targeted at range-based catches made (not throws).

I know there are a lot of "get off my lawn" traditionalist fans who only like their avg/HR/RBI & wins/ERA/strikeouts but I'm always interested in newly created stats & metrics, especially defensive based ones because fielding% & errors are just a terrible way to rate the defensive prowess of a player.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I like the idea but like everything it relies on a abstract concept, "plays an average defender is expected to make". It's a good start for sure but I probably won't pay attention to it ever.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I had Buxton on my dynasty fantasy team to start the season. I held onto him for longer than I felt I should and dropped him after realizing he was a bum and a bust (offensively). Two weeks later he went on his usual late season tear and the guy who traded him to me (for Jon Lester ugh) picked him up for free via free agency.

Just a random story about Buxton since he was brought up. More importantly I just wanted to rant because it pissed me off.

Members online

Latest posts