Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Babe's Called Shot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
So I just finished a book titled "Called Shot" and I noticed so many different perspectives about it. Some say yeah he pointed, others deny it and some are unsure. Me personally, for that type of ego, I am almost certain the man pointed to right center field a POOF! Homerun...

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
some people say someone in the dug out was yelling at him and he pointed at them not the out field but like someone said. we will never really know....

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
some people say someone in the dug out was yelling at him and he pointed at them not the out field but like someone said. we will never really know....

That was actually mentioned in the book. The mans name was Amos "Loudmouth" Latimer. He got the nickname loudmouth because of his heckling at players

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
That was actually mentioned in the book. Although it didn't come from the dugout per say because the entire team verbally beat On the Babe, but in the bleachers, (Right Center Field) a man was known to run his mouth and The mans name was Amos "Loudmouth" Latimer. He got the nickname loudmouth because of his heckling at players

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
There is film of it. He waved his hand at the Cubs dugout. He didn't stand and point to centerfield, although the legend of it started very soon after the game.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
In July 1934, Babe Ruth paid a fan $20 dollars for the return of the baseball he hit for his 700th career home run.

Members online