Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 AL Cy Young: Chris Sale or Corey Kluber?

Who wins the AL Cy Young?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
The AL Cy Young award has pretty much boiled down to either Chris Sale or Corey Kluber (I suppose one could argue Severino could be a dark horse candidate). Who do you believe will end up winning it?

2017 Season Stats

Chris Sale
17-8, 2.90 ERA (2.45 FIP) 308 K, 0.97 WHIP
214.1 IP, 7.16 K:BB 12.9 K/9 [7.7 fWAR 5.9 bWAR]

Corey Kluber
18-4, 2.25 ERA (2.49 FIP) 265 K, 0.87 WHIP
203.2 IP, 7.36 K:BB 11.7 K/9 [7.2 fWAR 7.9 bWAR]

In my mind it's incredibly close. Kluber has the superior ERA & WHIP while Sale has the better FIP & strikeout numbers.

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I felt like before today, Sale may have still had the edge due to innings and K's, but wouldn't win if the vote was today due to Kluber and the Indians recent performance. At the time I am writing this Kluber has pitched 3-hit ball over 7 innings with 9 K's. That may shift things for me...

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I've been rooting for Sale for a long time now to finally win a Cy Young. It's kind of insane to think he still doesn't have one but after today's start Kluber may have a slight advantage, especially if you are only looking at the traditional stats like wins, ERA & WHIP (Sale has the strikeout title locked down).

Even so, if Sale can reach 300 strikeouts it will become even more difficult to deny him the Cy Young.

It's just really, really close...

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Sale had an ridiculously dominant start and kept it going until the past month or so when he became merely above average. I think Kluber pitching better in September will give him the voting edge. I'd cast my vote for Sale, due to how untouchable he was for the majority of the season

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Kluber will win barring a meltdown.

Sale will never win a Cy Young because he falls apart at the most important time every season.
He's too thin and has no durability. He always starts out hot, then his weak muscles and tendons wear out and he loses his greatness.

September is the only month during Sale's career in which he has a losing record and he has his worst ERA by far in September.

Last edited:

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Reported ^^^^^^^^

EDIT: Not the Sevy post... some random spammer *used* to have a comment right above this.

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Co-award?

I should have included that as a 3rd option. It's always possible.

Kluber will win barring a meltdown.

Sale will never win a Cy Young because he falls apart at the most important time every season.
He's too thin and has no durability. He always starts out hot, then his weak muscles and tendons wear out and he loses his greatness.

September is the only month during Sale's career in which he has a losing record and he has his worst ERA by far in September.

I don't follow Sale's monthly numbers so was not unaware of his struggles in September. Since I'm naturally curious about things like this I went to check out his career September splits. Sure enough, he has a career 7-14 record in September and while it's not "always" his worst month (Generally speaking his worst month, according to ERA, will either be April, August or September in any given season), his ERA tends to range from 3.50-5.00, with 2014 the only exception (2.52 ERA). So durability is certainly an issue with Sale. He needs to pack on some muscle weight this off-season.

johnryno said:
Do you guys know something about this store Pharmacy4All?

Can you tell me what is your opinion about Doxycycline or Famtrex What can you tell about it?

I wrote to customers support and they sent me a certificate that proofs that all the products are original quality, I already add all these items to my shopping cart, but would be happy if you give your opinion about that

I generally prefer Adderall, as it helps calm some of my ADD symptoms which often includes creating accounts on random trading card websites and asking for advice about pharmaceuticals.

Last edited:

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
I should have included that as a 3rd option. It's always possible.

I don't follow Sale's monthly numbers so was not unaware of his struggles in September. Since I'm naturally curious about things like this I went to check out his career September splits. Sure enough, he has a career 7-14 record in September and while it's not "always" his worst month (Generally speaking his worst month, according to ERA, will either be April, August or September in any given season), his ERA tends to range from 3.50-5.00, with 2014 the only exception (2.52 ERA). So durability is certainly an issue with Sale. He needs to pack on some muscle weight this off-season.

I generally prefer Adderall, as it helps calm some of my ADD symptoms which often includes creating accounts on random trading card websites and asking for advice about pharmaceuticals.

I know more about drugs than most doctors, son.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Sevy should win

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

lol ****! The spam comment I was pointing at that had generic ****** or whatever the hell got deleted. I love Severino!

I'll say this, he's a sure thing to finish top 3 in voting.

Carrasco, Stroman & Verlander are the only other pitchers who I feel have an outside shot at getting some 3rd place votes but certainly nothing higher than that.

I know more about drugs than most doctors, son.

You got the hook up for some Allegra? It's allergen season for me bro.

Members online