Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP Miguel Gonzalez O's prospect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Way too many accidents over there. I wish there was a way to make it safer there.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Way too many accidents over there. I wish there was a way to make it safer there.

you have to wonder why the road quality is so poor, but it would help quite a bit if people were sober/not under the influence when they drive.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Do they even have laws regarding driving under the influence in the DR?

World Health Organizaton 2015 stats show DR drunk driving limits are 0.05 for general drivers and 0.03 for young/novice drivers.

Many articles state that drunk driving enforcement in the DR is extremely lax, making the DR the road deadliest Western Hermisphere country per capita to drive in per 2015 stats.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
you have to wonder why the road quality is so poor, but it would help quite a bit if people were sober/not under the influence when they drive.

Sounds like a really weak government. But I don't know how to tell players to never go back home.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Sounds like a really weak government. But I don't know how to tell players to never go back home.

you can't, and unfortunately despite all the rememberances DR players ink onto their caps or shoes or batting gloves, it doesn't sink into their concrete heads how maybe they shouldn't go back to the DR until they retire so their MLB career doesn't get cut short by a traffic accident.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
you can't, and unfortunately despite all the rememberances DR players ink onto their caps or shoes or batting gloves, it doesn't sink into their concrete heads how maybe they shouldn't go back to the DR until they retire so their MLB career doesn't get cut short by a traffic accident.

Yep. So true. I wish some of them would be smart enough to find a cab when they drink.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Yep. So true. I wish some of them would be smart enough to find a cab when they drink.

That really doesn't help. Some examples (U.S. based) of people who Uber'ed or got a cab because they knew they were too drunk to drive and a drunk driver took out the cab/Uber killing people. I can imagine even taking a cab in the DR is not very safe option because of the other idiots on the road and lax drunk/drugged driver law enforcement.

Members online