Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat Neshek calls Zack Greinke an "a-hole, turd and socially awkward" for not signing his cards.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pat Neshek calls Zack Greinke an "a-hole, turd and socially awkward" for not signing his cards.

ESPN -- Colorado Rockies reliever Pat Neshek ripped Zack Greinke on a message board on Tuesday, writing that the Arizona Diamondbacks ace backed out on a promise to sign baseball cards for him.

Posting under the username "heat17" on SportsCollectors.net, Neshek wrote that Greinke agreed to sign autographs for him at the All-Star Game. Neshek, then with the Philadelphia Phillies, and Greinke were teammates on the National League squad.

Neshek, a noted autograph hound, wrote: "I asked him at the all star game if he would sign for me and he said he would... so a couple weeks ago we played them and I sent over the cards I needed signed... basically 3 league leaders cards with Kershaw and Wainwright already done and 2 from 2015 to complete the set. He said no... I waited around for him during batting practice and went up to him and he totally denied having the conversation at the all star game... I then asked why this was a problem and he said it's because "I wear him out." Hard to wear someone out when he has never signed for me. This is the only a-hole in major league baseball that has been a turd to me.

"So going back to the conversation I said can you just get these done it will take 5 seconds... just draw a little z on them for me... He said no I will never sign for you... I walked away... a couple minutes later I confronted him in the outfield while he was jogging and told him what I thought of him... he just kept on running then said I wouldn't even sign for your kid if he asked.... I wanted to laugh knowing he had probably thought of that line for a long time and that was the best he could come up with... I then let him know what I thought of him again and being the socially awkward guy he is ran back to the dugout and went inside. Soooo I'm done with this guy. I'm basically gonna have to trade with someone on here to 50/50 them down the road."

While Neshek called Greinke "socially awkward," the Diamondbacks right-hander was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder in 2006 and has talked about his battles with it in the past.

Before he headed to the All-Star Game in July, Neshek had said that his goal was to get Greinke to sign for him, noting that his autograph was a tough one to get. He even indicated he would have his 3-year-old son run over to get the autograph.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well. Gremlin is a douche.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Errr grenkie

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I commented about this in the morning thread earlier but I'd also like to add Neshek might be my new favorite player ever for publicly calling someone "a turd" that's just fantastic

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neshek has a distinct advantage that most autograph collectors will never have. That being said, I guess it is a relief to hear that even a MLB player will find it hard to land certain signatures. Welcome to autograph collecting and specifically collecting a specific card, set or theme. I have a decent sized list of cards I can pretty much write off due to odd signing habits of players over the years.

Given only what you see in the article, it does seem that Greinke is a bit of a jerk. We only get the one side and I can't say I know what dealing with a social anxiety is like, but I still have a personal issue with players who are unwilling to sign for fans. It's been discussed ad nauseam, but when you are being paid an excessive amount of money to basically play a game that is supported financially by the fans along with all the other revenue streams it generates, it isn't much to ask of a player in my opinion. Before "that guy" comes in and argues the counterpoint, I'd sign the **** out of my autograph for fans if I was making a high 6 or seven figure salary to play a game that is a childhood dream of most kids.

Neshek has it figured out. I wish more did as well.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard Hunter Pence's wife on the Giants pre game a few weeks ago. She's so freaking annoying to begin with but they asked about Hunter signing autographs. She said well he doesn't always sign, some people want an autograph and some people are just trying tob sell them. I wanted to call the show and ask her how must she thinks a Hunter Pence in person autograph might possibly sell for? I understand athletes don't owe us anything but jeez, u can make a fan for life with a few minutes to sign and take a few pics

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    I heard Hunter Pence's wife on the Giants pre game a few weeks ago. She's so freaking annoying to begin with but they asked about Hunter signing autographs. She said well he doesn't always sign, some people want an autograph and some people are just trying tob sell them. I wanted to call the show and ask her how must she thinks a Hunter Pence in person autograph might possibly sell for? I understand athletes don't owe us anything but jeez, u can make a fan for life with a few minutes to sign and take a few pics

I thought he was dating Stephanie Tanner.

I collect Chet Lemon
    I collect Nolan Ryan, KC Royals, Dylan Strome and AZ Coyotes

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioCollectibles View Post
    I thought he was dating Stephanie Tanner.

I collect Chet Lemon
    He left her for kimmy gibbler

Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baseball players are all kinds of people. It seems common courtesy that players will sign for other players even if they ignore fans, but there are definitely people who just won't for anyone. But you can have social anxiety disorder or some other malady and still be an a-hole. The effort it took to argue with Neshek certainly dwarfed the effort it would take to sign, but so what, just leave him alone and your card unsigned.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases and Grady Sizemores I don't have

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greinke doesn't get paid enough to deal with this sort of nonsense. He only has a few hundred million to his name.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An adult getting mad that he can not have an autograph of another adult, really breaks my heart. Couldn't Pat just buy an auto? And yes, Pat is an autograph hound that hounds people that do not give him what he wants. Talk about an entitled asshole.
    The truth stands still.

dodgergeo
     dodgergeo
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    An adult getting mad that he can not have an autograph of another adult, really breaks my heart. Couldn't Pat just buy an auto? And yes, Pat is an autograph hound that hounds people that do not give him what he wants. Talk about an entitled asshole.
    I was getting ready to post something similar to this. You said it much better than I would have.

packerfan4life2002
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Autograph hound or passionate collector?
    Ive personally dealt with Pat and he is extremely professional. He has passion and when he wanted something that ended up not being obtainable to him, yes, he let the better of his emotions get to him. There are plenty of collectors on this board that are completest and when that last card they need to say complete a rainbow the owner holds out for more or wont let go of throw a fit as well. But as others have said, if Zack said yeah Ill hook you up down the line and then blew Pat off like it never happened, Zack no better the person then anyone trying to make Pat out to be a bad guy is.
    Sent using my two hands, ten fingers, a keyboard and an internet connection.

rockledgesportscards
     Casebusters99
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    It wasn't about the autograph, he said had an agreement with Greinke to get his autograph and Grienke backed out. That's the scumbag move
    Check out our Baseball singles at http://www.casebusters.com

<--------Check out our Group Breaks & Vintage Set breaks on ebay

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casebusters View Post
    It wasn't about the autograph, he said had an agreement with Greinke to get his autograph and Grienke backed out. That's the scumbag move
    Pat did not get what he wanted after hounding the guy and then went to a message board to call the guy an asshole, socially awkward, and that he acts like a turd. Who's the scumbag?
    The truth stands still.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast