Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pat Neshek calls Zack Greinke an "a-hole, turd and socially awkward" for not signing his cards.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I have a friend that played on the 2011 Milwaukee Brewers team. Me and some buddies went to a game in Colorado to visit said friend. We had dinner at a very nice restaurant in downtown Denver and several guys from the team were there. No Greinke, but there were some stories told about him and the common thread was that he was the strangest dude on the team. One of his regular bits was that he would tell everybody that he was staying in his room and wasn't interested in going out. Then they'd see him out all by himself often wearing things to try to disguise himself.
My favorite Grienke story comes from his first spring training with the Dodgers. Mattingly was giving a speech on the last day of spring training and when he was done asked if anyone had anything to say. Grienke, who is famously not fond of speaking in front of groups, raised his hand. he then went in front of the team and said, "I've noticed that a lot of you guys don't wash your hands after you use the restroom." The room wanted to laugh but then they realized he was serious and it became uncomfortable as Greinke explained the virtue of cleanliness.

All very common among people who suffer from social anxiety disorder.

The last part of the story is pretty hilarious though. :D

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I get that everyone is siding with Neshek because at some point they have felt the same way about a professional athlete refusing to sign something.

But.

It seems a little whiney and entitled that Neshek thinks he deserves something. He sounds like a spoiled kid.

With that said, Greinke is a head case. He has his own quirks and habits and compulsive behaviors that keep him ticking. To call him out on it definitely didn't help matters. That's like telling the girl who hides behind layers of make-up that she has terrible skin. She knows it, she just hopes other people won't notice.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The DBacks are trolling!!! 😂😂😂
d0b04da646e3f8ecacf94fa7ad8be2e3.jpg

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

yankeesinthews

Oct 18, 2016
My favorite Grienke story comes from his first spring training with the Dodgers. Mattingly was giving a speech on the last day of spring training and when he was done asked if anyone had anything to say. Grienke, who is famously not fond of speaking in front of groups, raised his hand. he then went in front of the team and said, "I've noticed that a lot of you guys don't wash your hands after you use the restroom." The room wanted to laugh but then they realized he was serious and it became uncomfortable as Greinke explained the virtue of cleanliness.

Reading these stories I wonder if he's on the (autism) spectrum somehow. There are over 1,000 players on major league rosters, there have to be a few, right?

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
The DBacks are trolling!!! ������
d0b04da646e3f8ecacf94fa7ad8be2e3.jpg

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

I can tell you that this AT LEAST doubles the number of autographs he has signed at home games this year.

The difference maker for me in Neshek's statement is that he said that he never gets upset when a player tells him no. It was the fact that Greinke told him yes and then refused to do it. Could Neshek have been more diplomatic about it publicly? Sure. Is Neshek wrong to be annoyed by it? I don't think so.

Jul 22, 2016
Reading these stories I wonder if he's on the (autism) spectrum somehow. There are over 1,000 players on major league rosters, there have to be a few, right?
He has always had problems. He is probably an Aspergers case which is part of the autism spectrum. The thing is nobody knows unless he says something. I dont think it was depression and anxiety like it was told years ago. He is an odd fellow who shows classic examples of Aspergers Syndrome.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts