Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PSA LOA full of errors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
img511.jpg

LOA errors

1. States Jackie Robinson when ball is signed by Brooks Robinson.
2. LOAs says PSA/DNA Certification #C88117 which comes up a McGwire 8x10.
3. LOA repeats two names and does not mention Pete Rose or Cal Ripken.

And the ball has a sticker with code C81117 which comes up blank on PSAs site.

I am selling the ball on an auction currently and am getting concerned I should cancel the auction with all these issues.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
To be honest, a lot of bidders are bidding for a Jackie Robinson signature on a ball. No matter what, you're going to end up having problems with the buyer. I would contact PSA and see if those idiots can provide just a little customer service in getting you the correct cert

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I mention in the auction description that error. But not the rest.

LOA paper has PSA watermark and all the ball matches the photo on the LOA. And all the autographs look good to me. I think they just screwed the pooch on rushed out a crappy LOA.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I sent in my dad's Honus Wagner signed baseball to PSA/DNA, and they certed it with the name Billy Wagner.

I thought about it for a while, but in the end (no offense to Billy, who was fine pitcher), I went ahead and had them make the correction.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
To be honest, a lot of bidders are bidding for a Jackie Robinson signature on a ball. No matter what, you're going to end up having problems with the buyer. I would contact PSA and see if those idiots can provide just a little customer service in getting you the correct cert
Sounds like good advice. I dunno if they do much for customers but I think any buyer will give u a headache

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Or a buyer could potentially see this as an opportunity to forge a Jackie Robinson signature on that ball.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
To be fair I could easily see getting Brooks and Jackie Robinson mixed up. Practically the same guy

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards