Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

We've got uniforms and everything...Night Crew ep. 48

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Friday night check in time...

Anyone got anything good to buy for bonus eBay bucks.

If I ever stopped living and dieing with the Red Sox I'd become an Indians fan just for the movie Major League.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
The indians?? Here in Cleveland?? I didn't realize they still had a team.

Yeah... we've got uniforms and everything, it's really great.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I don't get the eBay bucks deals. notices the $15 off 75 or more deal with 15 minutes to go so missed on that one too.

start of fall meant rain here today. inventory as well. corporates over ordering caused a slight delay in finish time but it all went well.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Hello gents. Well, it has been an interesting day to say the least. Woke up sick as hell this morning. I stayed in bed til noon when the Mrs. came home. We got up and met my parents for an electrifying round of minigolf(my dad loves playing that stuff and my mom is ruthless when it comes to winning). And yes, after that, I ended up going by the LCS......sigh...I will never learn. I'm a sucker for Spectra Football so I ende up picking one of those up and a lone box of Heritage High Number. Nothing really to report about from either box. A big ole kick in the junk. LOL. Ya win some, ya lose some.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Exciting day for me. Errands, chores, and other BS. Now listening to the Rockies who are hopefully about to beat the Padres. Unless of course they blow it.

So I'd like to add a counterfeit 91 Desert Shield card to my PC. I have a couple real ones, or at least they look real according to my eye (and what I've read on different webpages about how to spot fakes), but I think a fake would be an interesting addition. Problem is all the ones for sale on ebay/comc/etc also look "real" to me. Any ideas?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Exciting day for me. Errands, chores, and other BS. Now listening to the Rockies who are hopefully about to beat the Padres. Unless of course they blow it.

So I'd like to add a counterfeit 91 Desert Shield card to my PC. I have a couple real ones, or at least they look real according to my eye (and what I've read on different webpages about how to spot fakes), but I think a fake would be an interesting addition. Problem is all the ones for sale on ebay/comc/etc also look "real" to me. Any ideas?

I can't ever tell the difference. Lots of Desert Shield cards in my area. Big military installations so lots of older guys got them.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Considering their estimated print run there always seems to be a lot of them for sale, and they generally don't cost a lot. So some of these have to be fakes, right? If so, the printers must have gotten better because I just don't see any of the telltale signs that those blog posts tell you about. Or I'm a poor judge of card authenticity. Somebody at PSA hire me now!

I can't ever tell the difference. Lots of Desert Shield cards in my area. Big military installations so lots of older guys got them.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015

I googled the issue recently and found a pretty helpful thread from Net 54. A lot of the tips to spot fakes require having the card in hand, but a couple didn't, including the logo should have a rounded bottom and the tip of the bottom most palm leaf should be between the R and A in operation, whereas the fakes seem to have the word operation shifted slightly to the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online

No members online now.