Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Aaron Judge become the new rookie HR champ?

Will Judge break McGwire's record?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ffc8d43de26567a1ee381180b3178da8.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
This late surge may also give Judge the MVP since the Yankees clinched a playoff spot.
He was terrible after the All-Star break, but he's been ultra hot again when it counts in September.

7 home runs in his last 7 games (9 in his last 11)

Aaron Judge - .283 avg/.417 OBP/.620 slg% 50 HR, 108 RBI, 1.037 OPS

Leads the league in runs, HR, walks & slg%

You're right, he very well could win the AL MVP

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Everyone said the ball was juiced in 1987 too when McGwire set the record.

could be. Looking at the stats, 1987 was the first 4,000+HR season and there were not 4,000+ homers again until 1993 so it seems a juiced ball year.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Leads the league in runs, HR, walks & slg%

You're right, he very well could win the AL MVP

Yankees single-season strikeout king and being about 20 away Judge could set a MLB strikeout record but I think it's unlikely given the number of games left and he'll probably be given a few games breather as the season winds down now that he's set the rookie HR record.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Yankees single-season strikeout king and being about 20 away Judge could set a MLB strikeout record
Strikeouts mean nothing in MVP voting anymore. Trout won the MVP in 2014, led the league in strikeouts and set the Angels season record for strikeouts.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
This late surge may also give Judge the MVP since the Yankees clinched a playoff spot.
He was terrible after the All-Star break, but he's been ultra hot again when it counts in September.

I said that to my brother yesterday. Trout has slowed and Altuve has been decent but not great. I'd give it to Judge if the season ended today.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I said that to my brother yesterday. Trout has slowed and Altuve has been decent but not great. I'd give it to Judge if the season ended today.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Considering the fact he only has 382 at-bats thru 108 games played this year, I do not believe Trout deserves to win the MVP. Yes, his stats are still excellent for having played such a short time but when you consider that the Angels likely aren't making it to the postseason I just don't see him winning it. I think his biggest competition will be Jose Altuve

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
could be. Looking at the stats, 1987 was the first 4,000+HR season and there were not 4,000+ homers again until 1993 so it seems a juiced ball year.

Boggs hit 24 in 87' I think. I think that was his only year where he got double digits in home runs. I could be wrong.

Imagine Judge on steroids?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Imagine Judge on steroids?

Who knows. The doping labs probably have some compounds they can give athletes that aren't detectable by MLB's drug testing labs... yet. It would be interesting if MLB kept a Judge A and B sample for 10 years and tested it using the drug test technology that is available 10 years from now and see if it's clean or doped.

Members online