Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Aaron Judge become the new rookie HR champ?

Will Judge break McGwire's record?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Aaron Judge just hit his 47th & 48th home runs today. With 7 games left he needs just one more to tie it and two more to break the rookie HR record previously held by Mark McGwire in 1987.

Mark McGwire 1987 Season - .289 avg/.370 OBP/.618 slg% 49 HR, 118 RBI, .987 OPS (5.1 WAR)
Aaron Judge 2017 Season - Aaron Judge - .283 avg/.417 OBP/.620 slg% 50 HR, 108 RBI, 1.037 OPS (7.3 WAR) *season still ongoing

I've included 3 options in the poll...yes, no or tie.

It's official, Aaron Judge is the new HR champ

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Shoot, I voted NO before reading that he hit 47 and 48 today.
I change my vote to yes with 7 games remaining. He's been super hot the past week or two.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I don't see poll on mobile, but I say yes, and he has rebounded nicely from that month after AS game. Nice RC year for sure.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Will the rookie HR actually mean much considering it's the year of the juiced ball?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Will the rookie HR actually mean much considering it's the year of the juiced ball?

It would mean just as much as the 1987 rookie HR record which is being held by a confirmed juicer. We can't prove which years McGwire was using steroids just as we can't prove the juiced ball theory, which has been brought up multiple times in the history of baseball.

Any time there is a large spike in home runs in a short period of time all sorts of experts come out of the woodwork with evidence that sounds compelling, but can be just as easily contradicted.

Yankees48

Jul 2, 2014
True yankees fans know that judge already has 49 dingers. He was scammed out of one and given a triple instead

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This late surge may also give Judge the MVP since the Yankees clinched a playoff spot.
He was terrible after the All-Star break, but he's been ultra hot again when it counts in September.