Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fast and Swifty Its Nifty Fifty! Night Crew Ep. 50

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Work is killing me. I never realized that retail can be so damn demanding to the point where every bone in my body hurts. I'm just glad that I can pop on here fairly often and get away from all the BS that goes on. Alot has been on my mind this week. From the NFL/Anthem crap to hurricanes, I've had alot to ponder. Just some random ramblings.....

I have always been taught to stand for the National Anthem. You remove your lid, address the flag, and cover your heart. Its been simple for all 37 years of my existence. If you want to protest your cause or show your feelings, why not just start a blog or make a youtube video with fireworks strapped to your ass showing your thoughts. We don't have to rewrite history folks. Give respect where it is due. Kneeling or laying down or even flopping like a fish when the anthem is playing is not going to get us anywhere. Work with community leaders. Ride along with the cops. Get out and unite the people from different neighborhoods by holding a cookout or or public event. Just please get up off that knee and do the right thing and give the credit where it is due.

Aaron Judge hit 50 homers. I'm glad for the kid. Maybe he can now get ready for the postseason with a little less stress knowing he broke the record. It has been a fun season to watch him play.

Please continue to think about all of those affected by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria. Maria grazed our coast and the weather stayed decent but I'm still keeping everyone that was hit directly in my thoughts. Bad bad stuff in Puerto Rico and other places.

RIP Hugh Hefner.

This may be a two nighter due to it being our 50th Night Crew thread. Lets celebrate and check in!

Remember, Only You Can Prevent World Peace
show a little Kindness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC2waxMJ_5Y

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Hope everything turns out O.K. Super Mario, a lot of stuff doesn't show up for days

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Well well well, if it ain't Mr. Papa! How's our resident Griffey guru up to tonight?

Sam, that happens from time to time. Nerves can make the body do crazy things. Maybe it is just a bug though.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Hey weirdos. Happy 50th episode.

Hang in there Super Mario!

61DE2ZY6XWL.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Well well well, if it ain't Mr. Papa! How's our resident Griffey guru up to tonight?

Sam, that happens from time to time. Nerves can make the body do crazy things. Maybe it is just a bug though.

AWWWWWWWWww, Thanks For The Warm Welcome.............. just trying to figure out why the Heck I'm up so Danum Early, sleep patterns been off for the last few Days here

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
blanning71 , your opening post, you fergetted about Little Rocketman, and also about Big Oil Guru's getting Sued for Climate Change Problems,I myself think Mother Nature Has more involvement than Mankind in this Issue, its happened before.. and Will Happen Again

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I haven’t fact checked this, but just saw it and found it was interesting (if true) and thought I’d share.

————————————————

For those who want to better understand what led to #taketheknee, this is the backstory:

Aug 14, 2016- Colin Kaepernick sits for the national anthem.....and no one noticed.
Aug 20, 2016- Colin again sits, and again, no one noticed.

Aug 26, 2016- Colin sits and this time he is met with a level of vitriol unseen against an athlete. Even the future President of the United States took shots at him while on the campaign trail. Colin went on to explain his protest had NOTHING to with the military, but he felt it hard to stand for a flag that didn't treat people of color fairly.

Aug 30, 2016- Nate Boyer, a former Army Green Beret turned NFL long snapper, penned an open letter to Colin in the Army Times. In it he expressed how Colin's sitting affected him.

Then a strange thing happened. Colin was able to do what most Americans to date have not...

He listened.

In his letter Mr. Boyer writes:
"I’m not judging you for standing up for what you believe in. It’s your inalienable right. What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and I’d be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes. I’ve never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what you’ve gone through is as ignorant as someone who’s never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what it’s like to go to war.

Even though my initial reaction to your protest was one of anger, I’m trying to listen to what you’re saying and why you’re doing it."

Mr. Boyer goes on to write "There are already plenty people fighting fire with fire, and it’s just not helping anyone or anything. So I’m just going to keep listening, with an open mind.

I look forward to the day you're inspired to once again stand during our national anthem. I'll be standing right there next to you."

Empathy and understanding was shown by Mr. Boyer.........and Mr. Kaepernick reciprocated. Colin invited Nate to San Diego where the two had a 90-minute discussion and Nate proposed Colin kneel instead of sit.

But why kneel? In a military funeral, after the flag is taken off the casket of the fallen military member, it is smartly folded 13 times and then presented to the parents, spouse or child of the fallen member by a fellow service member while KNEELING. The two decided that kneeling for the flag would symbolize his reverence for those that paid the ultimate sacrifice while still allowing Colin to peacefully protest the injustices he saw.

Empathy, not zealotry under the guise of patriotism, is the only way meaningful discussion can be had. Mr. Kaepernick listened to all of you that say he disrespects the military and extended an olive branch to find a peace.

Members online

Latest posts