Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: My cut junk era ART thread

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    My cut junk era ART thread

    My last thread was annihilated by photobucket, lol. For those I haven't had the pleasure of talking to...."Hi, I'm Tim." I cut common baseball cards and rearrange the pieces into large artwork. Pieces typically take around 50-60 hours, with some going far beyond that. Most are in the 22" x 28" range, but the pieces are scaled up according to the original card, so some may be much skinnier/taller, while the mid-30's Goudey & late 40's Leaf are closer to a square. I do this for living, so I love taking commission work (and I only do pieces ONCE.) Other pieces I do just for fun, but those are also for sale. I'll try to add the old photos back over time, but for now - here are my most recent pieces:

    1948 Leaf Jackie Robinson (SOLD):



    1987 Topps Mookie Wilson (SOLD):



    Ty Cobb Advertisement Back (Original AVAILABLE):



    Roberto Clemente, photo from 1964 Topps Giants (Original AVAILABLE):



    1915 M101-5 Sporting News Babe Ruth (SOLD):

    Last edited by tim carroll; 10-27-2017 at 09:11 AM.
    I CUT BASEBALL CARDS INTO PIECES: www.timcarrollart.com

    TWITTER and INSTAGRAM: @timcarrollart

    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/timcarrol ... 845?ref=mf




  2. #2
    Senior Member joey12508's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    7,523
     joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is just amazing.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Mystic, CT
    Posts
    1,260
     Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a really cool concept and exceptionally well done.

  4. #4
    Senior Member RStadlerASU22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,833
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, I just love them and wish I could afford that Jackie and Ruth! The best part of this thread is that someone did the 1987 Topps Mookie, I love it.

    Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN



  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Damn, I just love them and wish I could afford that Jackie and Ruth! The best part of this thread is that someone did the 1987 Topps Mookie, I love it.

    Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    I can't describe how happy I was to do something like the Mookie. Just goes to show that collecting means different things to different people. Whether it is an all-time epic expensive HOF RC or the last card you needed for a particular set when you were younger, every collector has that one card that gives them the feels. This particular pieces was given to a man by his parents. He was a HUGE Mookie guy back in the 80's. The best part of this was that they made the trip down the east coast to my house to have it presented to him in person. He didn't know what the road trip was about until he entered my studio. The silent smiles, tears, and hugs between he and his dad after were something I'll never forget.
    I CUT BASEBALL CARDS INTO PIECES: www.timcarrollart.com

    TWITTER and INSTAGRAM: @timcarrollart

    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/timcarrol ... 845?ref=mf




  6. #6
    Senior Member RStadlerASU22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,833
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tim carroll View Post
    Thanks, everyone!



    I can't describe how happy I was to do something like the Mookie. Just goes to show that collecting means different things to different people. Whether it is an all-time epic expensive HOF RC or the last card you needed for a particular set when you were younger, every collector has that one card that gives them the feels. This particular pieces was given to a man by his parents. He was a HUGE Mookie guy back in the 80's. The best part of this was that they made the trip down the east coast to my house to have it presented to him in person. He didn't know what the road trip was about until he entered my studio. The silent smiles, tears, and hugs between he and his dad after were something I'll never forget.
    That is perfect, well done sir.

    Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN



  7. #7
    Junior Member olerudfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    394
     cnccollectibles
     olerudfan
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have amazing talent. I just saw Olerud piece you did from a few years back and wish I had that one as part of my collection. Keep up the great work.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olerudfan View Post
    You have amazing talent. I just saw Olerud piece you did from a few years back and wish I had that one as part of my collection. Keep up the great work.
    I appreciate that! I worked live at the 2014 Cleveland National with the Upper Deck Company, and met a man from Toronto while I was there. He commissioned that Olerud.
    I CUT BASEBALL CARDS INTO PIECES: www.timcarrollart.com

    TWITTER and INSTAGRAM: @timcarrollart

    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/timcarrol ... 845?ref=mf




  9. #9
    Senior Member Brewer Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,773
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said it before but if anyone asks me who my favorite artist is I'd say Tim Carroll and Graig Kreindler. Frickin brilliant


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer Andy View Post
    I've said it before but if anyone asks me who my favorite artist is I'd say Tim Carroll and Graig Kreindler. Frickin brilliant


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    Putting me in the same sentence with "Art" and "Kreindler" and you have me blushing. I really appreciate that.
    I CUT BASEBALL CARDS INTO PIECES: www.timcarrollart.com

    TWITTER and INSTAGRAM: @timcarrollart

    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/timcarrol ... 845?ref=mf




  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so cool. Thanks for sharing - awesome awesome stuff


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,366
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I saw some of your work last year in Cooperstown, at the Hall. Awesome stuff.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eddie is finished.....SOLD.



    I CUT BASEBALL CARDS INTO PIECES: www.timcarrollart.com

    TWITTER and INSTAGRAM: @timcarrollart

    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/timcarrol ... 845?ref=mf




  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
    I PC Jeff Frye and Ozzie Smith. Working on 2017 A&G and Donruss Optic currently
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •