Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giancarlo Stanton finishes with 59 home runs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
(10/1 Update) Stanton went homerless in his final three games and finishes with 59.

If he hits 3, he breaks Roger Maris' old record of 61, and many people will consider Stanton the true HR King, not Bonds. It will be a major controversy debated on sports talk shows for a long time.

Do you consider the season home run record to be Maris' 61 or Bonds' 73?

Last edited:

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Based off numbers unfortunately it goes to bonds, however the legitimacy and consensus would root for Maris since the steroid propaganda hangs over Bonds head till this day...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I don't like it any more than any of you but Bonds is the HR king and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it. Other than continue to talk about legitimacy I suppose. I can not tell you how many career HR Bonds had. How insane is that?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
People can be annoyed but unless baseball officially determines that they don't count, Bonds will hold the record.

Amazing (to me) how public opinion has turned on this. While he, McGwire, Sosa etc were hitting these, few had any doubt he was juicing. And almost nobody cared.

Hindsight may provide a perspective but it's debatable if it's 20:20...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Although I am rooting for Stanton to get to the 60 HR mark, any of this talk about him chasing a record hasn't made sense to me. There are quite a few people in front of Maris that I acknowledge and loved every minture of Sosa, McGwire and Bonds era.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Barry is the king. U can debate it because of steroids but how many pitchers also were taking steroids?

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
So how many players in the 50's and through the 80's were taking SPEED ( aka, white crosses, uppers) ? What was Ruth on when he hit more homers in a season than most teams combined?

Bonds has the record.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I consider Maris' 61 to be the single season HR record. If Stanton breaks that, then I will consider him the record holder unless his name comes up in PED use.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
If anyone thinks Stanton has never touched a steroid...

[insert Easter Bunny reference here]

easter-bunny-fear-9.jpg

Yep, as far as I know the old UFC testing is better than current MLB.... look what happened when UFC went to harsh USADA testing. Everyone starting getting popped and the landscape of champions changed very fast.

This is the highest HR year in history and its not even close. HRs are becoming less of a big achievement in my eyes but if you enjoy then I understand... its certainly more fun to not question such things.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
View attachment 73566

Yep, as far as I know the old UFC testing is better than current MLB.... look what happened when UFC went to harsh USADA testing. Everyone starting getting popped and the landscape of champions changed very fast.

This is the highest HR year in history and its not even close. HRs are becoming less of a big achievement in my eyes but if you enjoy then I understand... its certainly more fun to not question such things.

That thing would freak me out too if I were a kid forced to sit on it's lap. It's like something out of a horror movie.

Members online