Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

From Marketwatch: Bitcoin & Baseball Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
A good friend of mine has made real money in cyber currencies in the past few years, so it's not necessarily a bad investment (even now). But it's definitely a bubble and I like the comparison with the card market of 25 years ago.

The way I see it, things start to go south when these things get popularized enough that the johnny-come-latelies start flooding in, expecting to make a quick buck for nothing. Then the bubble really starts to grow, and gets overextended and over leveraged, and then *pop*.

Reminds me of my 14 year old self in 1989, thinking that if I kept that binder full of 1989 Donruss Tom Gordon rookies long enough, I'd surely cash in :). Lots of people made good money in those days, but I sure as hell wasn't smart enough, or shrewd enough. And I'm probably still not, which is why I keep funneling $ into the black hole known as my player collection...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts