Thread: Kevin Maitan Could Be Declared a Free Agent

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation Kevin Maitan Could Be Declared a Free Agent

If this happens, wow. I would think he'd command more than $4.25M this time.

Jeff Passan‏ @JeffPassan
    Sources: MLB is investigating Atlanta's signing of top prospect Kevin Maitan. If improprieties are found, he could be declared a free agent.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...n-signing.html
    J.P.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this is what I was afraid of....
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would this be the first time something like this has happened? What I mean is, an international player who was previously drafted but then hit free agency because some shady organizational sh!t went down?
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Would this be the first time something like this has happened? What I mean is, an international player who was previously drafted but then hit free agency because some shady organizational sh!t went down?
    I think I saw Acuna is gonna be gone too. Yankees front runners for him

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember something like this happening to a guy who's of his stature. I do remember Miguel Sano had signed with, I want to say the Yankees?, and then something shady happened and that contract was void and he signed with the Twins. That seems to happen quite a bit early on in the careers of latin players with using fake names/birthdates/funneling money to family members/etc.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swish54_99 View Post
    I don't remember something like this happening to a guy who's of his stature. I do remember Miguel Sano had signed with, I want to say the Yankees?, and then something shady happened and that contract was void and he signed with the Twins. That seems to happen quite a bit early on in the careers of latin players with using fake names/birthdates/funneling money to family members/etc.
    So international free agents and college basketball might have a little bit in common?
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's tricky. Sometimes things are legal even though they are wrong (think basically the entire Western banking industry, i.e.) and sometimes things are illegal even though they are not wrong per se, such as earning a living from your own talents. Comment more directed at recent news in re college basketball but applicable generally IMO.

Crazy what could befall the Braves stacked system of prospects. A boost for the NL East rivals in the coming years!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    So international free agents and college basketball might have a little bit in common?
    No that NEVER happens! lol

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    I think I saw Acuna is gonna be gone too. Yankees front runners for him

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    I will cut you! lol

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    I will cut you! lol
    It would be bad for your team but probably good for your collection.
    The truth stands still.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    It would be bad for your team but probably good for your collection.
    Touche ol' boyo.