Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kevin Maitan Could Be Declared a Free Agent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Would this be the first time something like this has happened? What I mean is, an international player who was previously drafted but then hit free agency because some shady organizational sh!t went down?
I think I saw Acuna is gonna be gone too. Yankees front runners for him

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I don't remember something like this happening to a guy who's of his stature. I do remember Miguel Sano had signed with, I want to say the Yankees?, and then something shady happened and that contract was void and he signed with the Twins. That seems to happen quite a bit early on in the careers of latin players with using fake names/birthdates/funneling money to family members/etc.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I don't remember something like this happening to a guy who's of his stature. I do remember Miguel Sano had signed with, I want to say the Yankees?, and then something shady happened and that contract was void and he signed with the Twins. That seems to happen quite a bit early on in the careers of latin players with using fake names/birthdates/funneling money to family members/etc.
So international free agents and college basketball might have a little bit in common?

Dec 4, 2008
It's tricky. Sometimes things are legal even though they are wrong (think basically the entire Western banking industry, i.e.) and sometimes things are illegal even though they are not wrong per se, such as earning a living from your own talents. Comment more directed at recent news in re college basketball but applicable generally IMO.

Crazy what could befall the Braves stacked system of prospects. A boost for the NL East rivals in the coming years!

Members online