Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (977 Reached!! 17 To Go!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One addition in yesterday. Not only is this one cool for knocking a name off my list, but he is pictured in my hometown team's uniform! I miss the Shreveport Captains!

fa18ad_d5f2b41657624ac6b56810aac0b3ee35~mv2.webp

Russ Ortiz

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Down to 32 with this week's addition.

PagnozziMatt.jpeg
Matt Pagnozzi

I'm also going to slowly go backwards through this thread and reinsert the pictures as JPEGs.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I've updated from page 3 until this point. Hopefully they are all showing up now. [MENTION=1995]dano7[/MENTION] can you see them now?

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Awesome. Glad I got that fixed, because I have a really rare autograph coming in this week. It's number 2 on my list!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One added to the needs list. Tim Federowicz debut with the Astros on Thursday.

Also knocked a HUGE need off the list. The second most difficult name left has been knocked off.

BrunetGeorge.jpeg
George Brunet

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
A new one in yesterday.

PerezTomas.jpeg
Tomas Perez

Not a difficult autograph, but rarely find him in a minor league uniform. He has no Astros cards.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
My wife (and two year old son) got me three additions for Father's Day!

HouseholderPaul.jpeg
Paul Householder, famously grumpy about signing.

KeoughMatt.jpeg
Matt Keough, 1970s pitcher that stopped signing long ago.

WilkinsRick.jpeg
Rick Wilkins, catcher best known for his time with the Cubs. I hope to upgrade this to an Astros card one day.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One new and one upgrade today. First the upgrade.

CorderoFrancisco.jpeg
Francisco Cordero

I have never seen this card signed before and jumped at the chance to have it signed in a consignment.

Now for the new autograph and it is a big one for me. Unfortunately, it doesn't end up perfectly. Three (?) years ago a member on FCB contacted me asking if I would be interested in an unfinished 8X10 that already had Kaz Matsui, Michael Bourne, and Hunter Pence on it. I, of course, said yes and patiently waited to try to finish it off with Miguel Tejada.

TejadaMiguel.jpeg

However, if you look at the side with Kaz Matsui, you can see that there is significant damage to the picture. The Tejada signing happened in the Dominican Republic and the Customs Agent apparently manhandled the picture while going through the consigner's belongings. While it isn't perfect, I am pretty happy to have it done. The consigner also refunded me the cost of both the Cordero and the Tejada AND gave me two free spots in his Jerry Rice signing later this month. I don't collect football, but I certainly won't turn my nose up at that offer!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (25 To Go!)

Great updates! Love Franky! And that photo is awesome. Unfortunate about the damage but the consigner sounds like a stand up guy. Sometimes things are out of one’s control but I agree it turned out great. Having trouble pulling up the full image on my phone but is there potential to trim the photo and have it matted in a frame to minimize the noticeability of the damage?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online

Latest posts