Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Topps Triple Threads - OOPS - You had 1 job!!

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topps Triple Threads - OOPS - You had 1 job!!

Looking at some of the Topps Triple Threads 1/1 All-Star Patch Cards and I noticed a theme..

They need to hire card collectors to put these together..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arenado-oops.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	226.4 KB 
ID:	73659

Name:	cano-oops.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	73660

Name:	julio-oops.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	73661

Name:	max-oops.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	292.7 KB 
ID:	73662

Name:	sterling-oops.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	73663

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's amazing. Like u couldn't give a little bit of a damn? Just a quick glance?

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

daveyc
    they just dont care

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad truth about Topps is that they seem to have very little passion for the product that they make.

At least those cards aren't redemptions that after two years of not fulfilling they give you a replacement value of $35 for!!

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They shouldn't need card collectors to be able to put those together. If you are sober and have vision in both eyes you should be able to avoid screwing something like that up.

Or the employees are just purposely fu**ing with us now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAppleJak View Post
    Sad truth about Topps is that they seem to have very little passion for the product that they make.

At least those cards aren't redemptions that after two years of not fulfilling they give you a replacement value of $35 for!!
    If Topps was a restaurant

Name:	710_image-04.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	73671
    ask me about my Crusades...

bmaaaaaaac
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their response will be "we'll talk to our 3rd party vendor who assembles the cards". Not much incentive to do good work when you're a monopoly & the group breakers will buy your stuff under any condition.
    Randy Johnson Collector!! 5,180 Unique Cards & Counting.
    https://sportscardalbum.com/u/bigunitcards

packerfan4life2002
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When these were put together upside down, they were correct, from left to right.
    When flipped over, they are incorrect. The people putting these physically together were given a task and followed instructions, the designer/layout artist is the person that effed up.
    On another note, I personally HATE that outside of the top one, the others only include 2/3s of the all star patch, to me that is the bigger disappointment/eff up!
    Sent using my two hands, ten fingers, a keyboard and an internet connection.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Musial Collector View Post
    When these were put together upside down, they were correct, from left to right.
    When flipped over, they are incorrect. The people putting these physically together were given a task and followed instructions, the designer/layout artist is the person that effed up.
    On another note, I personally HATE that outside of the top one, the others only include 2/3s of the all star patch, to me that is the bigger disappointment/eff up!
    All of them are the same. The instructions were followed (or at least interpreted) "accurately" for all of them. So disappointing. My OCD wouldn't allow me to spend $150 on the Steven Wright recently - First 1/1 for sale that I didn't get.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I'd be curious how many of the "Event Worn" All-Star Jerseys exist. I know of 2 that are in private collections (still assembled). How many jerseys can a player wear in one day?

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As collectors of patch cards, we have been conditioned over the years to enjoy/appreciate the abstract chaos presented in 1x1 format on our favorite cardboard. The problem with these is, they are FULL Patches that are meant to be displayed to tell a story from one side to the next...to display continuity as much as possible, but sadly these fail to do that
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goobmcnasty View Post
    Also, I'd be curious how many of the "Event Worn" All-Star Jerseys exist. I know of 2 that are in private collections (still assembled). How many jerseys can a player wear in one day?
    I'm sure they wear quite a few workout day jerseys so there is the opportunity to let the player have one, sell some to topps, etc.

this booklet patch thing with the out of sequence pieces is why I haven't bothered to try to win one at auction.

EDIT: I got an idea. We should start (and then sign) a change.org petition to make Mouschi the official premium patch creator of Topps!

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    I'm sure they wear quite a few workout day jerseys so there is the opportunity to let the player have one, sell some to topps, etc.

this booklet patch thing with the out of sequence pieces is why I haven't bothered to try to win one at auction.

EDIT: I got an idea. We should start (and then sign) a change.org petition to make Mouschi the official premium patch creator of Topps!
    Or we could buy them and have Mouschi take them apart and have him correct them to the way they should be..

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinbreaker View Post
    Or we could buy them and have Mouschi take them apart and have him correct them to the way they should be..
    You guys are on to something.
    @mouschi, if I send you a game worn All-Star jersey, will you make some cool All-Star themed booklets? (What the triple patch should of been, maybe an 8-page booklet of "A M E R I C A N" patches, and ooh, a 6 card booklet W R I G H T). Show them how it's done!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast