Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Series (formerly ALDS/NLDS...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I used to have that SI. I actually used to keep all of my issues, but when I was moving I threw 99% of them away. Definitely regretting that one

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
I'm super jubilated and happy on my Houston Astros winning the World Series. Dream come true. ASTROS! CHAMPIONS FOREVER!

Who knew these pictures taken in July at convention parade in Pittsburgh would foretold this.
AC17 - Rebel (BluYote).jpg
AC17 - Rebel (CheeseBeagle) E1.jpg

My reaction from bottom of the 9th
[video]https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=hNfXW5EUNrU[/video]

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I used to have that SI. I actually used to keep all of my issues, but when I was moving I threw 99% of them away. Definitely regretting that one

I hate when that happens. I moved 18 months ago and had to toss a bunch of stuff when moving, which pretty much meant I had to toss tens of thousands of cards. Mostly duplicates, 80's/90's cards & all those box sets of '88-'91 Donruss/Fleer/Score/Upper Deck.

Anyway, among those duplicates were a decent amount of 2013 Bowman Aaron Judge cards which exploded in value a year after the move. I should have known never to toss Bowman cards.

In 6 months they will be had for 10 bucks.

In all likelihood.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Not cool, man.

I’m still in shock. Is this real life?

I have an uncle, aunt and cousin in Spring so I think I'm entitled to joke like that. ;)

yes, it's real. You can even go to Cooperstown in a few weeks/(months?) and prove it to yourself when Alex Bregman's glove, Charlie Morton's cap and Justin Verlanders jersey will be part of the Hall's 2017 world series display.

With Bregman's awesome work at third base, it makes me pine for a Rockies/Astros world series where Bregman and Arenado can flash their leather in front of a national audience.

Astros/Dodgers third most watched world series since 2004 (tv-ratings wise). I supposed it helped MLB greatly to not have the Yankees and Cubs in the world series and Judge removed from the bench for judicial misconduct.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
What a heck of a series! Been so busy lately it's work, come home and watch while eating dinner, go to sleep, repeat. But I'm very happy and was glad to see my Astros finally win it all. Now I can at least feel a tiny bit better about '05.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
In 6 months they will be had for 10 bucks.

I agree. Was debating selling my autographed copy. But I was only able to get Springer on a ball and this SI as he didn't do too many free signings so I decided against it. Of course, had I sold it, I could see with my luck, I'd never find one at a reasonable price again.;)

Members online