Thread: It's time for Joe Girardi to be fired

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
    Attachment 73719

Yankee implosion.
    I also saw that. I imagine Girardi is popping a few Tums today.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be intresting see the reception he gets tonight

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't about "sniveling". This is about holding someone accountable for a piss poor baseball decision. Girardi alienated himself by not owning up to his mishap. It took his own players to blast him publicly before he issued a mea culpa.

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the pitchers own up to pitching up a beachball?

rob167
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinbreaker View Post
    Did the pitchers own up to pitching up a beachball?
    Fans only ***** when things don't go their way...when a coach/manager makes a good decision that may not line up with the fan's choice, we never hear about that...fans are always right...coaches and managers are only right when the fan wants them to be...of course fans always think they are right, and will battle to the end that they are...but if the fans were always right, they'd be managers/coaches...they'd rather be armchair quraterbacks and tell the world how great they would do in those situations...it's reality unfortunately...

Sent from my LG-US996 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob167 View Post
    Fans only ***** when things don't go their way...when a coach/manager makes a good decision that may not line up with the fan's choice, we never hear about that...fans are always right...coaches and managers are only right when the fan wants them to be...of course fans always think they are right, and will battle to the end that they are...but if the fans were always right, they'd be managers/coaches...they'd rather be armchair quraterbacks and tell the world how great they would do in those situations...it's reality unfortunately...

I'd agree with this for the most part. Things happen a lot faster on the field than on TV with a dozen replays. Whether the Sox win another game or not I hope Farrell is back next year. Likewise I think the Yanks are better off with girardi than whoever would replace him. Do the sabermetricians have managerial WAR yet?? mWAR

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ask me about my Crusades...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob167 View Post

Sadly, you're incorrect here. Girardi had 2 challenges to burn with a 5 run lead. Why not waste one in a potential bases loaded situation with Lindor of all people coming up? Girardi said it himself that he placed the opinion of Weber, an instant replay guy over his own catcher because he's been about 75 percent correct all year on challenges. Fans aren't always right and I'm a bigger fan of baseball in general. I don't give a rats tail who the manager is. You challenge in that scenario whether you're Girardi or a first year skip. Stop being biased and making false generalizations.
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C h h tntnorthnj n , 3 gyjm b rt
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    I don't think the result of this series should matter for him to be fired, only his performance. (the Indians were going to win anyway) Eventually the volume of errors he makes can't be swept under the rug.
    I vv

rob167
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone17 View Post
    Sadly, you're incorrect here. Girardi had 2 challenges to burn with a 5 run lead. Why not waste one in a potential bases loaded situation with Lindor of all people coming up? Girardi said it himself that he placed the opinion of Weber, an instant replay guy over his own catcher because he's been about 75 percent correct all year on challenges. Fans aren't always right and I'm a bigger fan of baseball in general. I don't give a rats tail who the manager is. You challenge in that scenario whether you're Girardi or a first year skip. Stop being biased and making false generalizations.
    Yip...you got me...silly me...my apologies for offending you...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post
    I vv
    What kind of teen texting jibberish is this?
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    What kind of teen texting jibberish is this?
    Hah! Love it - I think that can be referred to as a 'pocket post' where my phone unlocked and I must have leaned on the screen. Deep thoughts.

I vv

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hah! Love it - I think that can be referred to as a 'pocket post' where my phone unlocked and I must have leaned on the screen. Deep thoughts.
    I thought you were either wholeheartedly agreeing with me in a strange language or your keyboard had completely jizzed out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I've been solving so many obscure chess puzzles lately that I was convinced your post had a solution and tried for about 20 min to decode it

The best I came up with was "I've recently immortal leveraged within, 3 unrelented ..." then I gave up. I still think somethings there.

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you still want Girardi fired?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast