0 Thread(s)

Judge/Lindor/Hample...I am so conflicted

By now, you all have seen this picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	73732

As a Red Sox fan, I am bummed that Judge robbed Lindor of this (likely game winning) home run.

But, I may hate Zack Hample more than I hate the Yankees, and he also stopped Zack from getting the ball!

I guess I will just have to accept that it was good for baseball as we get another game in the series and Zack didn't get that one.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." Abraham Lincoln

moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol perfect ending would have been ball hitting hample in the face. Home run, Yankees lose and jackass has a concussion

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never understood the hatred for Hample (nor do I admire him). I was watching the ESPN special on the guy and sure, he's sort of a douche and has that sorta face you wanna punch but with all the hours he puts into creating algorithms on where the ball is most likely going to end up, I say let the doofus catch the balls. Even if it ruins some chances for others.

Maybe it's just cuz I never understood the excitement about catching a HR or foul ball...and that's probably because I've never caught one myself.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

jbhofmann
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    I never understood the hatred for Hample (nor do I admire him). I was watching the ESPN special on the guy and sure, he's sort of a douche and has that sorta face you wanna punch but with all the hours he puts into creating algorithms on where the ball is most likely going to end up, I say let the doofus catch the balls. Even if it ruins some chances for others.

Maybe it's just cuz I never understood the excitement about catching a HR or foul ball...and that's probably because I've never caught one myself.

Walking through rows and in front of people to get to a ball is not an acceptable thing to me.

I think its all fair game if the stands are empty, but you don't change your seating assignment to catch a ball if the seats around you are also filled.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    dont box out 10 year old
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it...Topps just put out the picture of the Topps Now card...notice anything?

Views:	38 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	73736

Looks to me like they made sure Zack was covered by the logo!

Now, I know he has a card in Ginter (and an auto), but it reminds me of a scene in Monsters Inc (yes, I have 3 kids) when Mike is excited to be on the cover a magazine, but his face is behind the barcode.

Views:	27 
Size:	607.1 KB 
ID:	73737

Hey Zack, you are on another card!

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." Abraham Lincoln

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is that guy so often in the exact spot of home runs?
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    dont box out 10 year old
    This is the one reason that I can understand why people don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    How is that guy so often in the exact spot of home runs?
    He basically created a formula that predicts where each player is most likely to hit a HR based on previous history, the pitchers they are facing, the strike count & base runner situation. It's explained better on the ESPN special but that's the gist of it. Then he spends the entire game running back and forth through the ballpark. Not only that but there isn't a day during the season that he's not at a ballgame & he's generally the first person at the gate. He's clearly obsessed with catching balls.

I honestly don't get it. It sounds so time time consuming & tiresome. Not to forget completely insane. He does make quite a bit of money from it though with his youtube channel & people even pay to spend the day around him in hopes of catching a ball.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

jbhofmann
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to follow Hample around, buy seats next to him and knock every ball out of his grasp and throw them to kids nearby. I'd wear a superhero costume and go by the name- Hack Zample.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To Hample's credit, that picture clearly shows that he's keeping his glove behind the wall. I'm sure a lot of people would be tempted (consciously or not) to reach over the wall and interfere with the play.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told him a tweet sounded like Trump and then this

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.