Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Judge/Lindor/Hample...I am so conflicted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
By now, you all have seen this picture.

Capture.JPG

As a Red Sox fan, I am bummed that Judge robbed Lindor of this (likely game winning) home run.

But, I may hate Zack Hample more than I hate the Yankees, and he also stopped Zack from getting the ball!

I guess I will just have to accept that it was good for baseball as we get another game in the series and Zack didn't get that one.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I never understood the hatred for Hample (nor do I admire him). I was watching the ESPN special on the guy and sure, he's sort of a ****** and has that sorta face you wanna punch but with all the hours he puts into creating algorithms on where the ball is most likely going to end up, I say let the doofus catch the balls. Even if it ruins some chances for others.

Maybe it's just cuz I never understood the excitement about catching a HR or foul ball...and that's probably because I've never caught one myself.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I never understood the hatred for Hample (nor do I admire him). I was watching the ESPN special on the guy and sure, he's sort of a ****** and has that sorta face you wanna punch but with all the hours he puts into creating algorithms on where the ball is most likely going to end up, I say let the doofus catch the balls. Even if it ruins some chances for others.

Maybe it's just cuz I never understood the excitement about catching a HR or foul ball...and that's probably because I've never caught one myself.

Walking through rows and in front of people to get to a ball is not an acceptable thing to me.

I think its all fair game if the stands are empty, but you don't change your seating assignment to catch a ball if the seats around you are also filled.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I love it...Topps just put out the picture of the Topps Now card...notice anything?

Capture.JPG

Looks to me like they made sure Zack was covered by the logo!

Now, I know he has a card in Ginter (and an auto), but it reminds me of a scene in Monsters Inc (yes, I have 3 kids) when Mike is excited to be on the cover a magazine, but his face is behind the barcode.

Capture.JPG

Hey Zack, you are on another card!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
dont box out 10 year old

This is the one reason that I can understand why people don't like him.

How is that guy so often in the exact spot of home runs?

He basically created a formula that predicts where each player is most likely to hit a HR based on previous history, the pitchers they are facing, the strike count & base runner situation. It's explained better on the ESPN special but that's the gist of it. Then he spends the entire game running back and forth through the ballpark. Not only that but there isn't a day during the season that he's not at a ballgame & he's generally the first person at the gate. He's clearly obsessed with catching balls.

I honestly don't get it. It sounds so time time consuming & tiresome. Not to forget completely insane. He does make quite a bit of money from it though with his youtube channel & people even pay to spend the day around him in hopes of catching a ball.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I want to follow Hample around, buy seats next to him and knock every ball out of his grasp and throw them to kids nearby. I'd wear a superhero costume and go by the name- Hack Zample.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
To Hample's credit, that picture clearly shows that he's keeping his glove behind the wall. I'm sure a lot of people would be tempted (consciously or not) to reach over the wall and interfere with the play.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I told him a tweet sounded like Trump and then this
a0757e15e67824aaf888e4b4ee2e718e.jpg

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Members online