Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Bowman Chrome Strasburg auto super pulled!!!! (ouch)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    Or nothing. Redemption is expired.

It's either nothing at this point or a Jamie Moyer GU bat card . . . if he is lucky.

BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The famous BC Draft Picks and Prospects super was SS's first superfractor, hence the market hype at the time, and there was no auto'd version. The redemption card would have been a super of this design, and I never recall seeing it sell:

Patrick @radicards recently acquired the DP Super: http://www.radicards.com/industry-ne...s-superfractor

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That must be a mega tough pill to swallow! I would imagine the redemption card itself could bring in some decent money from a collector.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

jbhofmann
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep
    Get the redemption signed

Lessens the sting

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an idea....

How about we all petition Topps to insert any unredeemed autos from previous years into their corresponding products after the redemption deadlines? I.e. that Strasburg RC super auto would have foynd its way into the 2013 or 2014 Bowman Chrome release, whichever came first after the initial redemption card expired.

The wonderful people at Topps CS could also insert all the autos held back from previous years into future like products in the same fashion. All those 2013 BDP Bryant autos, for example?

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmp1971 View Post
    Here's an idea....

How about we all petition Topps to insert any unredeemed autos from previous years into their corresponding products after the redemption deadlines? I.e. that Strasburg RC super auto would have foynd its way into the 2013 or 2014 Bowman Chrome release, whichever came first after the initial redemption card expired.

The wonderful people at Topps CS could also insert all the autos held back from previous years into future like products in the same fashion. All those 2013 BDP Bryant autos, for example?
    I imagine most of the unredeemed autos are a major source of their replacements so it's doubtful they would go for it. If they were to do that, they would have to hold out an even larger percentage of autos from their products to be used as replacements.

But I do like the idea. While they are at it, just get rid of the expiration date completely for future products.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

@radicards
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've published a piece on this story. In the article, I discuss the three different signed 2010 Bowman Chrome Stephen Strasburg cards that could be found as a Superfractor. Link to article: https://goo.gl/dhwAfY
    Last edited by patrick182; 10-12-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    Contact Patrick | Owner, Radicards™ - radicards.com
    FB Page | FB Group | G+ | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube
    Try our Fitted Toploader Bags
    Frank Thomas Collector: Always collecting high-end '90's & early '00's
    Current count of unique Frank Thomas cards: 6500+ | See the collection here.
    Help me find these cards and get paid!

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember that there was that Chrome auto in BDPP as an insert. I pulled a base. He had a picture with that GAWD-awful haircut/Mohawk. Bet that had a Super.
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about putting it in Topps Archives Buy Back Signature Series

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    I imagine most of the unredeemed autos are a major source of their replacements so it's doubtful they would go for it. If they were to do that, they would have to hold out an even larger percentage of autos from their products to be used as replacements.
    How about redemptions do not expire? If there is a redemption inserted, Topps must make every effort to make the card. If the card is made, collector gets the card through the redemption system no matter if it's 6 months after release or 10 years after release. If the card isn't made, you get a redemption replacement from the non-released "product" topps creates for redemption replacements.

The big Q is how you motivate Topps to try hard to make the card when it's probably easier and cheaper for them to pick a card from their non-released product. I suppose if it's the replacement plus $5,000 cash, that would be a super motivator to make the card as promised!

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    How about redemptions do not expire? If there is a redemption inserted, Topps must make every effort to make the card. If the card is made, collector gets the card through the redemption system no matter if it's 6 months after release or 10 years after release.
    This is how I've always felt. My number one issue with Topps redemption cards is the fact that they have an expiration date.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12