Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Chrome Strasburg auto super pulled!!!! (ouch)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Here's an idea....

How about we all petition Topps to insert any unredeemed autos from previous years into their corresponding products after the redemption deadlines? I.e. that Strasburg RC super auto would have foynd its way into the 2013 or 2014 Bowman Chrome release, whichever came first after the initial redemption card expired.

The wonderful people at Topps CS could also insert all the autos held back from previous years into future like products in the same fashion. All those 2013 BDP Bryant autos, for example?

I imagine most of the unredeemed autos are a major source of their replacements so it's doubtful they would go for it. If they were to do that, they would have to hold out an even larger percentage of autos from their products to be used as replacements.

But I do like the idea. While they are at it, just get rid of the expiration date completely for future products.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
I've published a piece on this story. In the article, I discuss the three different signed 2010 Bowman Chrome Stephen Strasburg cards that could be found as a Superfractor. Link to article: https://goo.gl/dhwAfY

Last edited:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Remember that there was that Chrome auto in BDPP as an insert. I pulled a base. He had a picture with that GAWD-awful haircut/Mohawk. Bet that had a Super.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I imagine most of the unredeemed autos are a major source of their replacements so it's doubtful they would go for it. If they were to do that, they would have to hold out an even larger percentage of autos from their products to be used as replacements.

How about redemptions do not expire? If there is a redemption inserted, Topps must make every effort to make the card. If the card is made, collector gets the card through the redemption system no matter if it's 6 months after release or 10 years after release. If the card isn't made, you get a redemption replacement from the non-released "product" topps creates for redemption replacements.

The big Q is how you motivate Topps to try hard to make the card when it's probably easier and cheaper for them to pick a card from their non-released product. I suppose if it's the replacement plus $5,000 cash, that would be a super motivator to make the card as promised! ;)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
How about redemptions do not expire? If there is a redemption inserted, Topps must make every effort to make the card. If the card is made, collector gets the card through the redemption system no matter if it's 6 months after release or 10 years after release.

This is how I've always felt. My number one issue with Topps redemption cards is the fact that they have an expiration date.