Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Arizona Fall League Notable Performances Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
This shouldn't come as a shock, but Acuna has been named the AFL's MVP, the youngest in history.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Ronald Acuna 2017 awards/accomplishments
Baseball America Minor League Player of the Year Award
USA Today Sports Minor League Player of the Year Award
mlb.com Pipeline Prospect of the Year
Arizona Fall League MVP
2017 Minor League Hits Leader

...and only 19 years old.
[MENTION=11924]AnthonyCorona[/MENTION]

I was not surprised to hear that Brandon Wood was a Ronald Acuna fan and in an ESPN article he was quoted as saying "Jesus Christ himself blessed Ronald Acuna's 5-tools. I can't even hold his holy jock strap. However, he was willing to sign my jock strap for a flat fee of $500. He'll become such a better player than I ever could and actually live up to his potential as one of the greatest players of all-time. The kid craps gold and bathes in angel feathers".

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Filia better

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

He's getting some media attention. From a mlb.com "breakout prospects from AFL" topic:

Eric Filia, OF, Mariners' No. 23 prospect: Drafted at age 24 in the 20th round of the 2016 Draft, Filia is the epitome of a sleeper prospect. Hitting .326 with a .407 OBP in his first full season in the California League was nice, but his age and the hitting-friendly environment didn't necessarily assuage skeptics. Winning the AFL batting tile (.408) and leading the league in OBP (.483) with nine extra-base hits might also need to be taken with a grain of salt, but at least people now want to see what he does for an encore.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/262207362/breakout-prospects-from-arizona-fall-league/

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
He's getting some media attention. From a mlb.com "breakout prospects from AFL" topic:

Eric Filia, OF, Mariners' No. 23 prospect: Drafted at age 24 in the 20th round of the 2016 Draft, Filia is the epitome of a sleeper prospect. Hitting .326 with a .407 OBP in his first full season in the California League was nice, but his age and the hitting-friendly environment didn't necessarily assuage skeptics. Winning the AFL batting tile (.408) and leading the league in OBP (.483) with nine extra-base hits might also need to be taken with a grain of salt, but at least people now want to see what he does for an encore.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/262207362/breakout-prospects-from-arizona-fall-league/
Basically better than Acuna

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Members online