Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Arizona Fall League Notable Performances Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
FYI, Acuna has never had a multi-HR game in his career, until now.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Albert Abreu's line - 5 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 0 K

Burch Smith's line - 4 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 9 K

D.J. Peters HR (3)

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
It's hard to imagine a scenario where Chavis doesn't start the season in Pawtucket and get the call in August/September...provided he is still with the Sox organization for the year.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
It's hard to imagine a scenario where Chavis doesn't start the season in Pawtucket and get the call in August/September...provided he is still with the Sox organization for the year.

But where do they put him?

I'm trying to remain hopeful he'll be traded to a team that is in need of a 3rd baseman. If he remains with the Sox and gets the August callup they'll likely just use him here and there as an occasional replacement or pinch hitter. Then again, I suppose they could put him in the DH role and use him on a more regular basis.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I see his '18 like Travis in '17, not much to show in AAA and not much space in the majors. If there's an injury on the big club he stands to gain the most I think. Although I suppose if the Sox sign a firstbaseman Travis will be in the same spot as well barring an offseason move.

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
But where do they put him?

I'm trying to remain hopeful he'll be traded to a team that is in need of a 3rd baseman. If he remains with the Sox and gets the August callup they'll likely just use him here and there as an occasional replacement or pinch hitter. Then again, I suppose they could put him in the DH role and use him on a more regular basis.

Chavis is going to be traded, or they'll find a way to trade Moreland and make him a first baseman. I'm a big fan of his game these days.

Members online

No members online now.