Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You've Never Seen these Before - 90s Prototype Edition

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. I was planning on bidding on the ARod that was scheduled to end tomorrow but the seller ended it and listed it at $1000. Not cool at all.

Did I mention THAT WASN'T COOL AT ALL!?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I NEED 1990s INSERTS AND PARALLELS OF A-ROD. THANKS
    My 1997 A-Rod most wanted
    1997 Donruss Preferred Staremasters Sample #1
    1997 Mariners Score Premier #3
    1997 Ultra Autographstix Emeralds #5

Any UNREDEEMED AUTO card from 1997

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrandtw View Post
    Congrats. I was planning on bidding on the ARod that was scheduled to end tomorrow but the seller ended it and listed it at $1000. Not cool at all.

Did I mention THAT WASN'T COOL AT ALL!?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed, awful form by the seller. There are quite a few mirror reds ending tomorrow, I've got my eye on one of them. But the ones listed as BIN make my heart hurt for those player collectors, lofty lofty price tags.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    That's an amazing story, glad it worked out for you. Any idea when the checklist will be available? I'm quite curious

http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.p...acle_Certified
    Last edited by magicpapa; 10-14-2017 at 01:02 PM.
    Let the MLB know you’d like to see UD back. The license comes up in a couple years and they listen on social media.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to seeing the Andruw's get listed. Did you happen to ask if he had any of the certified Platinum sets?
    This is the one I have.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1998PinnacleTotallyCertifiedPlat-2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	73844
    Last edited by Fandruw25; 10-14-2017 at 09:04 PM.
    Downsizing my AJ collection. If you are looking for a specific card (non-multi player), PM me, I may have it.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scored the Biggio that ended tonight!
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F302480438388

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think gixen just screwed me. Put in a big bid on the bagwell only to have it not register. Can't get into gixen site either.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timtom View Post
    I think gixen just screwed me. Put in a big bid on the bagwell only to have it not register. Can't get into gixen site either.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    That's a real bummer, not to put salt in the wound but that went for a lot less than I would have guessed too.

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gixen was down when these went off.. When I looked I saw that it had an HTTP issue as the ending info..

The Randy Johnson I was bidding on went well over the $250 I put on it..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Pinnacl...YAAOSwV4BZ2Vw6

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lost some very minor auctions due to Gixen's failure too. Wonder if Mirror users were unaffected? I bought the membership once, but have mostly been using the free service. It seems every so often, something happens though and it doesn't work. It is somewhat regular, although infrequent, and almost feels like a "penalty" for not buying the service, but it is probably just technical difficulties with one of the server, like he says.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandruw25 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the Andruw's get listed. Did you happen to ask if he had any of the certified Platinum sets?
    This is the one I have.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1998PinnacleTotallyCertifiedPlat-2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	73844
    The only totally certifieds he mentioned to me he had, were these:

Since we have only ever seen the totally certified gold #s 1-10, perhaps all they made was 1-10 of these, but then again, you never know!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    I lost some very minor auctions due to Gixen's failure too. Wonder if Mirror users were unaffected? I bought the membership once, but have mostly been using the free service. It seems every so often, something happens though and it doesn't work. It is somewhat regular, although infrequent, and almost feels like a "penalty" for not buying the service, but it is probably just technical difficulties with one of the server, like he says.
    I do subscribe to the mirror and apparently both failed. I've had times that the regular server failed and the mirror won the auction for me, but never a time when both failed.

I'm really pissed it just so happened to fail on a card I was so excited about and likely will never see again. I had placed the snipe as soon as the auction was listed. I was out at a whiskey festival and knew I wouldn't be looking at my phone. I won an auction about 3 hours earlier with a snipe. Just really bummed out about this.

Just venting now

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great story!
    For a lot of us half the fun of collecting is the hunt!!
    Thanks for sharing...

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great story! I must admit, I was planning on going big on the red that ended yesterday, until I saw this story. The fact that there’s more, and more colors, and this story feels like a “promotion”... I totally lost interest. I had $150 saved in PayPal ready to make a fair stab at it, but once I saw the story, the ending of auctions, selling offline, etc, It’s exactly what I don’t like about the hobby. Every collector is different, so I am not being negative on any buyer or seller, just not my cup of tea. This story saved me some money, that’s for sure! FWIW the Gwynn ended at $80.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn545 View Post
    Great story! I must admit, I was planning on going big on the red that ended yesterday, until I saw this story. The fact that there’s more, and more colors, and this story feels like a “promotion”... I totally lost interest. I had $150 saved in PayPal ready to make a fair stab at it, but once I saw the story, the ending of auctions, selling offline, etc, It’s exactly what I don’t like about the hobby. Every collector is different, so I am not being negative on any buyer or seller, just not my cup of tea. This story saved me some money, that’s for sure! FWIW the Gwynn ended at $80.
    Thanks for reading! I can definitely see your point - it is always best to know/think something is a 1/1, however to me, I just think of these as potentially a significantly rarer type of the 96 mirror golds, 98 crusade reds, etc. and a cool story to boot. While it may take the wind out of some sails initially, down the road, I can easily see these being much bigger than they already are ... especially when all are cataloged and when more information is out about them.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unknown is a bit heavy handed and even fake new-ish. Might want to edit the web article and title as full sets have been known since about 1999 or 2000 when D&A sold multiple sets of Red and Blue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast