Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Identification Help Needed - 1988 Topps Paper Items.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
There's a ton of knowledge through the collective masses on this site and I'm hoping someone can help identify a couple of items for a fellow collector.

He has what appears to be two 1988 Topps wrong back cards. Both items measure a standard 2.5" x 3.5", but are printed on paper instead of cardstock. I haven't personally seen Topps paper test proofs in this fashion as I've only seen them in blank back versions. I immediately thought they were cut outs from some publication, magazine, ad sheet, etc. But, that may not explain how the fronts and backs are aligned perfectly. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Fronts
Fronts.jpg

Backs
Backs.jpg

Thanks,
Jeremy

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I have no idea Jeremy, but if they have any Jose I'd DEFINITELY be interested! :) Those look very cool.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Hmmm, the fact the the backs are also “fronts” and both are Yankees makes me wonder also if it was from some sort of advertising or possibly a book that visually pictured the entire set broken down by teams or something. Like those books that picture every Topps card made (but I’m guessing those exact books use smaller images)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I think Brewer Andy is spot on with those update books. That's what I believe these are.

Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts