User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Frye Needs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff Frye Needs

I'm trying to finish out my collection of Jeff Frye cards but I'm still missing a few of the rarer and more difficult to locate cards.

I am still looking for the following:

Inserts:
    1995 Upper Deck Electric Diamond Gold #393
    1997 Pinnacle Press Plate Previews #7 /8 (Pretty sure these are actually 8 1/1 cards but Beckett lists them as /8)
    1998 Stadium Club First Day Issue #281 /200
    1998 Stadium Club Printing Plates #281 /4 (4 1/1 cards - 1 each of Black, Magenta, Cyan, and Yellow)
    1999 Fleer Tradition Starting 9 #404 /9
    2001 Pacific Retail LTD #137 /85 (only one I've found is in a Team Set on ebay. Any Helton or other Rockies collectors out there want to help me split up the cost?)

Team Sets/Issued:
    1993 Decker Rangers #9
    1997 Red Sox Score Premier #10
    1999 Boston Red Sox Team Issued Photocards #NNO
    2000 Boston Red Sox Team Issued Photocards #NNO
    2017 Texas Rangers Team Issued Alumni Alley #NNO (don't think it is numbered anyway)

Regional Issues:
    2001 Oh Henry! Blue Jays #14

I'm also interested in any oddball, game used, autographed, etc. Jeff Frye stuff you may have.

If you have any of these PM me and we'll work something out. I thinned my collection out when I got out of the hobby a few years ago so I'm mostly just buying as I slowly rebuild, but I'm willing to trade as well from the stock of 70s, 80s, and 90s RCs I kept.
    Last edited by WizardofOz1982; 12-07-2017 at 10:30 AM.
    I PC Jeff Frye and Ozzie Smith. Working on 2017 A&G and Donruss Optic currently
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did he have a DAV card ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tramers View Post
    did he have a DAV card ?
    I've never seen one listed for him in any publication or on the web but I'm finding that doesn't mean much anymore. If they were issued between 1992 and 2001 it is possible.

Looking on the web a bit I see they did minor league sets for the Louisville Bats for some years. If they made a 2002 Louisville Bats set it is possible he could be in it too.
    Last edited by WizardofOz1982; 10-14-2017 at 08:48 PM.
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe there is a 97 Score Red Sox Platinum on Sportlots.com

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked 900 count of DAV but all newer but I did break down many and put in team boxes -750,000 cards but most alpha order I will look some tomorrow .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer Andy View Post
    I believe there is a ‘97 Score Red Sox Platinum on Sportlots.com

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    There was indeed. Thanks for the heads up.

I actually found two other cards there that I didn't have as well. I needed a 1997 Donruss Team Set card as well as a 1998 Collector's Choice Diamond Hologram I didn't know existed. I thought there was only the home plate hologram version.
    Last edited by WizardofOz1982; 10-15-2017 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked 900 count of DAV but all newer but I did break down many and put in team boxes -750,000 cards but most alpha order I will look some tomorrow .
    I'd appreciate that. Thank you. If you find one let me know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1995 Score Gold Rush Redeemed #269 off the needs list. Thanks @clarkfan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @tramers Did you ever have a chance to check on those DAV cards?

I'm not knocking much off my list now but I'm finding stuff I didn't even know existed like an 1995 AP Photo Thermal Fax.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AP Photo.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	574.9 KB 
ID:	74125

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nothing found , still have name on list of players to search in odd boxes . I had complete run of couple years of DAV most are newer than when he played .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nothing found , still have name on list of players to search in odd boxes . I had complete run of couple years of DAV most are newer than when he played .
    Thanks for the reply. I can't find references to a 2002 Louisville minor league set or any of the major league team/years he played for so I'll just assume he doesn't have one. I love to be proven wrong by cards though so if you find one just give me a yell.

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I can't find references to a 2002 Louisville minor league set or any of the major league team/years he played for so I'll just assume he doesn't have one. I love to be proven wrong by cards though so if you find one just give me a yell.
    200 plus 3200 counts stacked 20 high if on bottom YOU WAIT -- LOL ---- I do player request / team boxes . I have 200 plus cards of players I never heard of . I'll look for odd Ozzie also

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200 plus 3200 counts stacked 20 high if on bottom YOU WAIT -- LOL ---- I do player request / team boxes . I have 200 plus cards of players I never heard of . I'll look for odd Ozzie also
    Totally understand that Been a while since I had that much inventory but we had 100k+ cards back when we had the shop and I remember what a pain it is to go through it all.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you collect the 1995 Pinnacle Rusty Greer? It's actually Jeff Frye pictured, if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately, the ultra rare rainbow foil version of that card recently sold on ebay.
    1998 Tek Diffractor Wantlist - Grace & Sosa
    1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41 and 57
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 10, 19, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGreerFan View Post
    Do you collect the 1995 Pinnacle Rusty Greer? It's actually Jeff Frye pictured, if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately, the ultra rare rainbow foil version of that card recently sold on ebay.
    I don't but that's most certainly Jeff on the front of the card with Greer on the back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast