Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kaepernick files a lawsuit against the NFL for collusion..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I dunno guys, I have Kaepernick's back on this one. I don't particularly like him and am glad the Broncos didn't end up signing him a couple years ago. But this guy can play quarterback in the NFL, and even if it's as a backup, he still should have a job. I don't know if it's collusion or not, but I think it very well could be. He took a stand, lost his job, and can't get another one....and these are NFL owners we're talking about here. Really curious to see what the courts decide.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I dunno guys, I have Kaepernick's back on this one. I don't particularly like him and am glad the Broncos didn't end up signing him a couple years ago. But this guy can play quarterback in the NFL, and even if it's as a backup, he still should have a job. I don't know if it's collusion or not, but I think it very well could be. He took a stand, lost his job, and can't get another one....and these are NFL owners we're talking about here. Really curious to see what the courts decide.

He was working to get signed (with Ray Lewis helping) to the Ravens until his GF put out a racist post targeting Ray Lewis and the Ravens owner. :| I'd say he keeps shooting himself in the foot but his accuracy is too bad for that :lol:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Uh, well, yeah there's that :-(

I never said he - or his girlfriend are rocket surgeons!

He was working to get signed (with Ray Lewis helping) to the Ravens until his GF put out a racist post targeting Ray Lewis and the Ravens owner. :| I'd say he keeps shooting himself in the foot but his accuracy is too bad for that :lol:

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
He does have the talent to be a backup QB.

But when hiring employees, you have to look at the big picture. His actions cause him to be a distraction to play for whatever team signs him. Even if he never kneels again, the press will bombard his teammates, coaches, opponents, EVERYONE with questions unrelated to football. That's a HUGE distraction for a team.

Some players possess the elite talent to make those type of distractions worth it (Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, Ray Lewis), but on the Kaepernick scale, his skill level tips the scale to th "Not worth it" side.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
View attachment 73909

Now they just have to find a way to argue he isn't a terrible player.... hmmm
I watched a lot of bad Niners football last year and listened to a lot of talk on their flagship and it was unanimous he was the only bright spot on the team. 16 TDs vs 2 Picks on a pathetic team with no offensive weapon to speak of and an o-line that could be charged with attempted murder

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
and an o-line that could be charged with attempted murder

attempted murder penalty in NFL = 2 game suspension :lol:

Yeah he was certainly improved last time around. From the games I saw it seemed his main (only?) improvement was not taking the bait on forcing bad throws into good coverage. The problem is he didn't add much else besides being selective. I was just looking at his stats and it seems to point to the same thing: still under 200yards per game, still around 1.5 TD per game, still just under 60% complete. I have done the same thing in chess at certain points where I'm just trying to play less dynamic to avoid the easier risks but I wouldn't say I'm getting better just busting out of a slump.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

He is good enough to be a backup but the main problem would be a good team wants to keep chemistry strong as they might not even need the backup, and a bad team wants someone young who at least has a small chance at being a long term option.

Collusion in a league that has revenue sharing is interesting. It's an entertainment business and if team X loses money due to team Y signing a controversial player who doesn't even play then I can see why an owner would do it.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm kinda hoping this leads to the players union ending the CBA - I'd love to see **** fly in 2018 instead of 2021 because you know the Ezekiel thing is upsetting the union and you know they won't sign a new CBA without getting some of that suspension power away from the owners.

Members online