Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB changes incoming- night crew 61

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Well, as far as more teams, I guess it can't hurt THAT bad. As far as the realignment and expansion of playoffs, I feel like it is already watered down enough. My brain hurts trying to figure out why MLB decided to add MORE teams to the postseason run. I know the answer is money and profits but it takes away the special feeling that the BEST teams are playing for the world championship. I love baseball and love the postseason and I remember how awesome it when I was a kid in 1991 watching the Braves make their postseason run. You had the best of the best playing. Now you can have 6 teams as division winners and two wild card teams from each league playing for a berth in the LDS. Just seems too many teams are out there. Way too many in the postseason IMO. Hell I don't even know what I just wrote. My head hurts. Where's the tylenol?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well, as far as more teams, I guess it can't hurt THAT bad. As far as the realignment and expansion of playoffs, I feel like it is already watered down enough. My brain hurts trying to figure out why MLB decided to add MORE teams to the postseason run. I know the answer is money and profits but it takes away the special feeling that the BEST teams are playing for the world championship. I love baseball and love the postseason and I remember how awesome it when I was a kid in 1991 watching the Braves make their postseason run. You had the best of the best playing. Now you can have 6 teams as division winners and two wild card teams from each league playing for a berth in the LDS. Just seems too many teams are out there. Way too many in the postseason IMO. Hell I don't even know what I just wrote. My head hurts. Where's the tylenol?

Yes, way too many in the postseason. . .but its only going to increase IMO :(

as for needing tylenol check out the brackets for next years playoffs :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOvldn_IRw

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
To go from a best of 162 to a best of 1 is insanity. If they do add extra teams and extra rounds hopefully they are in a proportionate format.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Also not a fan of the one-gamer BUT a second wild card has created some major excitement down the stretch for far more cities which is an incredible pay off. Still seems like a disadvantage for the WC teams but hasn’t hurt them either for the most part

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The second wild card team has provided a lot of excitement to the last week of the season. The one game wild card has been exciting but I don't think mlb needs more teams. Maybe relocate Tampa but more teams doesn't help make the game better

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Seems like a lot at once. I'm not against more teams, although that is 50 extra major Leaguers out there, easier to draft on fantasy days but it might water down the talent pool. I really think 4 teams was the best playoff going. 5 is ok, I don't want more. NBA and NHL with 8 per conference is way to much, it's awful. Nothing worse than a .500 or worse team getting a "chance" to win it all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.