Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Redemption Screwing **OP UPDATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deujr61

Mar 8, 2011
Illinois
Received two replacements that I did not request and was screwed. Called Topps Customer Service (Ryan) this morning and was told replacements are final. Asked to talk with Supervisor and got the run around in meeting not available etc, etc.

Redemption # 1 - 2012 Five Star Dual Signature Patch Book Freese/Holliday S #/ 10, Replacement - 2012 Bowman Sterling Dual Autographs Bogaerts/Bradley Jr. S# / 99.

Redemption # 2 - 2012 Tier One Crowd Pleaser Autograph White Ink Matt Holliday S # / 25, Replacement - 2010 Bowman Chrome Base Autograph Kellin Deglan.

Like everyone else no more redem's for me, ever. Have 5 more Holliday redemption's that will probably never be made asked for values and replacement options.

** UPDATE - Well, after filing with the BBB, going back n forth and letting it go to long. I received the following replacement for replacements today.

2013 Bowman Sterling Dual Blue Refractor Autograph Francisco Lindor / Carlos Correa S#15/15.

I feel this is much better than what I originally received. Should I decide to sell I likely will be able to recoup original funds spent.

Last edited:

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
You've got to be kidding. That Deglan has to be the worst replacement I have ever seen. That's not quite a $1 card, I'm sure matt Holliday /25 is worth a little more than a buck.

I feel your pain. Redemptions are the worst part of this hobby. Got my dad a box of 2017 Topps Clearly authentic- 1 card box. He got a redemption. Just wanted to pile on with your misery - one card in the box and you make it a redemption?

Nowhere near as bad as yours though. Not sure if Topps is getting their act together on these or not, I think I waited almost 4 years for a replacement out of 2011 Heritage Minors. You'd think with the number or people dropping huge amounts of money on their Topps Now stuff, they would have hired a few more folks to handle their online issues.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Received two replacements that I did not request and was screwed. Called Topps Customer Service (Ryan) this morning and was told replacements are final. Asked to talk with Supervisor and got the run around in meeting not available etc, etc.

Redemption # 1 - 2012 Five Star Dual Signature Patch Book Freese/Holliday S #/ 10, Replacement - 2012 Bowman Sterling Dual Autographs Bogaerts/Bradley Jr. S# / 99.

Redemption # 2 - 2012 Tier One Crowd Pleaser Autograph White Ink Matt Holliday S # / 25, Replacement - 2010 Bowman Chrome Base Autograph Kellin Deglan.

Like everyone else no more redem's for me, ever. Have 5 more Holliday redemption's that will probably never be made asked for values and replacement options.

I'll take the Deglan - $ ?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm guessing you had those redemptions because you are a big matt holliday fan.

as a general baseball fan and not a holliday collector, I would be okay with redemption #1 and agree with getting screwed on redemption #2 considering deglan hasn't made it past double-a.

deujr61

Mar 8, 2011
Illinois
I'm guessing you had those redemptions because you are a big matt holliday fan.

as a general baseball fan and not a holliday collector, I would be okay with redemption #1 and agree with getting screwed on redemption #2 considering deglan hasn't made it past double-a.

More of a Cardinals (Yadi) collector, do have quite a few Holliday's though. Main reason I am not happy with redem #1 is On card Auto's, patches, S#/ 10 vs. Sticker Auto's, no mem at all and S#/ 99. Plus, Holliday/Freese card was after 2011 WS Championship were Freese was outstanding. This card if made I feel would bring close to what I paid or more. The replacement last sold for around $75 I believe and I paid more than that for redem.

Last edited: