Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Topps Snapshots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Any one busting any of this? I usually wouldn't pay much attention but Wakefield got into this year somehow. I see it's an online exclusive, I may order a few boxes and try my luck. If anyone comes across any Timmys let me know, I'll be searching.

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
yep, it's one of my favorite products of the year (at least 2016 was, have to see if 2017 follows or if Topps screwed up a good thing). 5 boxes on the way to me via slow boat to china topps shipping.

I hope collation is better than 2016 where the base card collation seemed to be players in the same sequence so you could open 2 boxes and have a good chance all the players would match rather than have random collation where you might get a few new cards if some of the players in box 1 were in box 2.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Saw the Wakefield base on eBay. I'm a little bummed it's a picture they've already used in one of his heritage cards. I knew it would be a similar photo but it's identical to my eye.
Still have this compulsion to have them all though...damn this hobby.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I'm still going back and forth on buying, I never have much luck busting wax so I just put that money on what I want, this one seems like a fun enough gamble though.

The checklist seems stronger this year, looks like a potentially profitable and enjoyable break. The really good autos seem super low numbered, but I'd be thrilled to pull a Konerko or Edmonds (or, of course Wakefield).

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
That's an incredibly boring and lazy looking design.

I generally like Archives Snapshots not because of the design but because there are supposed to be photos never used or rarely used on cards. I'm no Wakefield expert so I'll have to take the word of the one in this thread that the photo on archives snapshots has been used before and that would be disappointing to me considering what I believe the concept to be. It probably means other athletes will likely not have original photos on their cards either.

If I get 5 diff autos in 5 boxes, I'll be happy. I got 6 diff autos in 6 boxes in 2016's release.

If you are on the fence about buying boxes, they may go on a slight sale during Topps' black friday promo but they are likely to be sold out before black friday arrives.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Got my four boxes in today. Collation was awful; three boxes had the exact same Altuve/Moncada/Turner/Cotton sequence, and two had an Edmonds/Canseco/Harper/Duffy/Konerko/Martinez sequence. But two boxes had two autos! Yup, first box had a Mulder and an Andres Galarraga no blackplate /10, and the second had a Cleon Jones and a Gurriel. Also pulled a Ron Cey auto and a Tyler Austin B/W auto /25. Not bad, not bad at all.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I've heard the collation issue from others too. Congrats on the bonus autos. Two auto variations would be better than average I'd guess.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I guess I won't have to worry about the collation issues since there are no Tigers in the product. Base set of 50 and auto set of 30 but somehow can't manage to have a player from every team ... for the second year in a row. There were no Tigers in the 2016 product either. WTF?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Five Boxes arrived, opened the first box and will be doing one box a week.

Crazy box - opened it up and there was a Wakefield base front side showing through the see-thru wrapper. Flipping thru, got pretty good bases of Hank Aaron, Jose Altuve, hometown kid Alex Bregman, mike trout, and aaron judge. Ron Cey was my black and white parallel and the auto wasn't aaron nola or ryan klesko types but rather Jose Canseco numbered /350! My PC finally has a token Canseco auto!

Packaging once again reminds me of something -- you know the early baseball cards were included in cigar boxes. Whenever I see Archives Snapshot boxes, I can't help but think Topps is now selling cards with cigarettes since the box is the size of a cigarette box. I know there are no cigarettes in the box from topps, but it's neat to think of the baseball card smoking-like connections from cigars back in the early 1900's to cigarettes in 2016/2017.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Five Boxes arrived, opened the first box and will be doing one box a week.

Crazy box - opened it up and there was a Wakefield base front side showing through the see-thru wrapper. Flipping thru, got pretty good bases of Hank Aaron, Jose Altuve, hometown kid Alex Bregman, mike trout, and aaron judge. Ron Cey was my black and white parallel and the auto wasn't aaron nola or ryan klesko types but rather Jose Canseco numbered /350! My PC finally has a token Canseco auto!

Packaging once again reminds me of something -- you know the early baseball cards were included in cigar boxes. Whenever I see Archives Snapshot boxes, I can't help but think Topps is now selling cards with cigarettes since the box is the size of a cigarette box. I know there are no cigarettes in the box from topps, but it's neat to think of the baseball card smoking-like connections from cigars back in the early 1900's to cigarettes in 2016/2017.

Take a peek at your Wakefield and compare it to this https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/232171477839

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Two boxes arrived today. All different base cards.
Black & white: Syndergaard & Gurriel
Autographs:
Mark Langston 35/346
Yulieski Gurriel 151/350

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
The more variations I see pop up the more I like it. It's kind of like a poor man's heritage set but I still think it's neat.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Take a peek at your Wakefield and compare it

well, my archive snapshot is in color! ;)

But I get it. You're top notch of the wakefield collectors to recognize the photo! Exact same photo and even exact same cropping (or lack of)! If that's the only time Topps has used that photo since 2001'ish, I'm fine with that. I just wish archives snapshots were all previously unpublished photos.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Yeah it's not like they used it last year. I've always like the Topps/Bowman Heritage photos, that's why it was so apparent to me. Same photo isn't stopping me from buying every variation I can get my hands on. I like the hand numbering too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Anyone buy any of the 5x7 snapshots sets from Topps? The gold is /10 and sold out, and I just don't want the whole set of the base. I'd love to make a deal for the Wakefield if anyone bought a set.

Members online

No members online now.