Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who Wins the World Series?

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
California fires rarely get the coverage for some reason.

because it's news if there aren't fires or floods or earthquakes or car chases in California??? :rolleyes:

I miss watching the KNBC 11pm news on satellite each night just to see what's up in socal but the good news is that any good car chases get uplinked so I do get to see those from time to time still.

With the World Series and Dodgers being a big thing, I expect to be able to find some some dodgers local extended coverage feeds (and hopefully even the parade!) over the next week or two.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
For those that are going to the World Series in LA.. get ready for some heat.. and I don't mean from the pitchers..

http://ktla.com/2017/10/23/records-fall-across-socal-amid-heat-wave-triple-digit-temps-forecast-for-game-1-of-world-series/

Today when I went to work, it was 80 degrees at 5:30 this morning..
(I work in Seal Beach which is about 30 minutes from Dodger Stadium)

Oh, and as for a car chase.. this was on when I got home from work the other day.. :)
(it's over an hour of the cops chasing a guy in a truck and then he finally just pulled to a stop, raised his hands and got out)

http://ktla.com/2017/10/19/authorities-pursuing-suspect-stolen-car-driver-in-pico-rivera-area/

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Gotta love those fall crisp October evening fall classics with everyone bundled up. Oh wait, first pitch forecast is expected to be 97 deg. It's World Series in July!

I wonder if this will be the first World Series where none of the games will be played in weather colder than 50 deg (box score temperature).

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Game 1: Keuchel vs. Kershaw
Postseason Stats Keuchel: 4-1, 2.59 ERA (2.45 FIP) 31.1 IP 39 SO/10 BB, 1.09 WHIP Kershaw: 6-7, 4.40 ERA (3.71 FIP) 106.1 IP 122 SO/32 BB, 1.13 WHIP

Game 2: Verlander vs. Hill
Postseason Stats Verlander: 11-5, 3.00 ERA (3.29 FIP) 123 IP 132 SO/32 BB, 1.06 WHIP Hill: 1-2, 3.96 ERA (4.32 FIP) 25 IP 34 SO/12 BB, 1.40 WHIP

Even if Kershaw has more experience in the postseason I believe the Astros have the starting pitching advantage for the first couple games but this is the World Series where past history doesn't always compute to present performance. The Astros have a top heavy rotation that is superior to the Dodgers #1/2 but the Dodgers have a deeper rotation in my mind.

The Dodgers have the stronger bullpen IMO but the Astros may have found a secret weapon with McCullers if they decide not to use him as a starter.

The Astros offense was the strongest among all teams in the regular season however, up to this point in the postseason the Dodgers offense has outperformed their regular season numbers while the Astros has underperformed. I'm still going to call it a split in the offensive category because you never know if the Astros lineup will suddenly click and with all those star players from top to bottom, look out.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I've never had less of a rooting interest in a world series. I like the Giants so I hate the Dodgers. I'm a Californian so I hate texas..a total no win for me

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I've never had less of a rooting interest in a world series. I like the Giants so I hate the Dodgers. I'm a Californian so I hate texas..a total no win for me

I'm Texan and I love spending time in California. If you ever end up visiting the Houston area, reach out and I will show you why living here has its ups. I am not a fan of either team really but the talent on the field for this WS is hard to not watch if you enjoy baseball.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'm Texan and I love spending time in California. If you ever end up visiting the Houston area, reach out and I will show you why living here has its ups. I am not a fan of either team really but the talent on the field for this WS is hard to not watch if you enjoy baseball.
I lived in el paso but that place is whack. My sister lives n Austin and says it's ok but is moving back. Humidity is awful so I barely survived San Antonio when I went for Army medic training

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I lived in el paso but that place is whack. My sister lives n Austin and says it's ok but is moving back. Humidity is awful so I barely survived San Antonio when I went for Army medic training

Austin and the surrounding hill country is a great place to live though it has changed a lot since I lived there two decades ago. Outside of that area and Houston, the rest of Texas can kiss my ass.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Austin and the surrounding hill country is a great place to live though it has changed a lot since I lived there two decades ago. Outside of that area and Houston, the rest of Texas can kiss my ass.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
After last night it could more likely be Dodgers in 7 than 6. I originally thought 6- both at home to start, one in Houston, then game 6. But now it looks unlikely they'll win 2 in Houston. Moreover, the Stros could run away with this in Houston if LA should slump at all.

Members online

Latest posts