Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: BA's Organizational Top 10 Prospect Lists Thread (Today - A's)

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    St. Louis Cardinals Top 10 Prospects

1. Alex Reyes, RHP
    2. Jack Flaherty, RHP
    3. Carson Kelly, C
    4. Sandy Alcantara, RHP
    5. Tyler O'Neill, OF
    6. Jordan Hicks, RHP
    7. Magneuris Sierra, OF
    8. Harrison Bader, OF
    9. Dakota Hudson, RHP
    10. Ryan Helsley, RHP

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...qq0DJxb2ItK.97

(Well, get outta town! Another top 10 list missing Delvin Perez. Obviously it's one big conspiracy.)
    J.P.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Jaypers;2480605]St. Louis Cardinals Top 10 Prospects

1. Alex Reyes, RHP
    2. Jack Flaherty, RHP
    3. Carson Kelly, C
    4. Sandy Alcantara, RHP
    5. Tyler O'Neill, OF
    6. Jordan Hicks, RHP
    7. Magneuris Sierra, OF
    8. Harrison Bader, OF
    9. Dakota Hudson, RHP
    10. Ryan Helsley, RHP

(Well, get outta town! Another top 10 list missing Delvin Perez. Obviously it's one big conspiracy.)[/QUOTE

Yes sir. One big conspiracy. Spoiler alert: I'm in the process of finishing my top 100 and I wrote down 160 names whom I deemed worthy. Perez didn't even sniff that 160
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a perfect time to buy Delvin Perez.

He's still very young and the tools are still there.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=phillyfan0417;2480644]This is a perfect time to buy Delvin Perez.

He's still very young and the tools are still there.[/QUOTE

No one is denying the existence of natural ability because he was a first rounder after all, but there are some serious concerns regarding his maturity. He was big leaguing in Johnson City for crying out loud.
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=jbone17;2480645]
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    This is a perfect time to buy Delvin Perez.

He's still very young and the tools are still there.[/QUOTE

No one is denying the existence of natural ability because he was a first rounder after all, but there are some serious concerns regarding his maturity. He was big leaguing in Johnson City for crying out loud.
    He's 18...I would imagine that happens alot.

He's working with Jose oquendo and they are paying extra special attention to him this winter including keeping him away from winter ball.

Doesnt K much for a teenager. I'll always take a chance on that type of skillset...especially at these prices.
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=phillyfan0417;2480646]
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone17 View Post

He's 18...I would imagine that happens alot.

He's working with Jose oquendo and they are paying extra special attention to him this winter including keeping him away from winter ball.

Doesnt K much for a teenager. I'll always take a chance on that type of skillset...especially at these prices.
    From an investment standpoint, it's buy time. From an evaluators standpoint, it's cringe worthy lol

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=jbone17;2480651]

From an investment standpoint, it's buy time. From an evaluators standpoint, it's cringe worthy lol
    Your evaluation seems to stand on the idea is an 18 year old immature.
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=phillyfan0417;2480654]
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone17 View Post

Your evaluation seems to stand on the idea is an 18 year old immature.
    Nope. Take a look at his slash line. The current production doesn't match his projected ceiling by a long shot.

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=jbone17;2480673]

Nope. Take a look at his slash line. The current production doesn't match his projected ceiling by a long shot.
    He's also 18. But that's the best part of lists...people can disagree.
    --Winston Churchill

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    St. Louis Cardinals Top 10 Prospects

1. Alex Reyes, RHP
    2. Jack Flaherty, RHP
    3. Carson Kelly, C
    4. Sandy Alcantara, RHP
    5. Tyler O'Neill, OF
    6. Jordan Hicks, RHP
    7. Magneuris Sierra, OF
    8. Harrison Bader, OF
    9. Dakota Hudson, RHP
    10. Ryan Helsley, RHP

(Well, get outta town! Another top 10 list missing Delvin Perez. Obviously it's one big conspiracy.)
    I really don't understand why Alcantara is being ranked higher than O'Neill (jbone had a similar ranking I believe). Honestly I don't see anything that stands out about him (certainly not top 100) & while O'Neill's batting average & OPS took a dip this year, his power potential is enough to keep him among the top 100.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    I really don't understand why Alcantara is being ranked higher than O'Neill (jbone had a similar ranking I believe). Honestly I don't see anything that stands out about him (certainly not top 100) & while O'Neill's batting average & OPS took a dip this year, his power potential is enough to keep him among the top 100.
    BA's Kyle Glaser told me earlier in the chat he expects the top five to make it into BA's 100, and Hicks may also have a shot.
    J.P.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BA's Kyle Glaser told me earlier in the chat he expects the top five to make it into BA's 100, and Hicks may also have a shot.
    I figured as much because I couldn't see BA dropping O'Neill from the top 100 and if he makes it in then Alcantara would have to as well.

Jordan Hicks making the top 100 would sort of surprise me but it wouldn't shock me either. No standout plus pitches and below average command but up to this point his stats have been pretty good.

Kind of a potential fringe top 100 prospect in my mind.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Jordan Hicks making the top 100 would sort of surprise me but it wouldn't shock me either. No standout plus pitches and below average command but up to this point his stats have been pretty good.

Kind of a potential fringe top 100 prospect in my mind.
    Scouting Report: Athletic, physical and aggressive, Hicks works 93-98 mph with his fastball, sits 95 and touches 101 in short bursts. He holds his velocity deep into his starts, and his fastball plays up further with armside life that handcuffs same-side batters. Hicks pairs his heater with a tight power curveball at 79-82 mph that is his go-to swing-and-miss pitch and draws plus-plus grades. He also has a firm changeup with depth that flashes average and an 83-85 mph slider he'll mix in. While Hicks' arsenal is nasty, his delivery has a lot of moving parts and causes below-average command and control at times. He has the athleticism to streamline and repeat but has yet to show he can.
    J.P.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bryce Harper big leagued it in Junior College. I'm fine with it. 18 year olds are all immature.
    I PC Jeff Frye and Ozzie Smith. Working on 2017 A&G and Donruss Optic currently
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scouting Report: Athletic, physical and aggressive, Hicks works 93-98 mph with his fastball, sits 95 and touches 101 in short bursts. He holds his velocity deep into his starts, and his fastball plays up further with armside life that handcuffs same-side batters. Hicks pairs his heater with a tight power curveball at 79-82 mph that is his go-to swing-and-miss pitch and draws plus-plus grades. He also has a firm changeup with depth that flashes average and an 83-85 mph slider he'll mix in. While Hicks' arsenal is nasty, his delivery has a lot of moving parts and causes below-average command and control at times. He has the athleticism to streamline and repeat but has yet to show he can.
    Wow, the scouts at BA have a far more favorable report than mlb.com's *most recent. They have him listed as above average with both the fastball and curveball (with the potential for the curve to become a plus pitch due to spin rate)

*to be fair it was released midseason and Hicks since showed improvement since the promotion to high-A

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast