Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Organizational Top 10 Prospect Lists Thread (Today - Update)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Boston Red Sox Top 10 Prospects

1. Jay Groome, LHP
2. Michael Chavis, 3B
3. Tanner Houck, RHP
4. Bryan Mata, RHP
5. Cole Brannen, RHP
6. Darwinzon Hernandez, LHP
7. Sam Travis, 1B
8. Mike Shawaryn, RHP
9. Alex Scherff, RHP
10. Marco Hernandez, SS/2B

https://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2018-boston-red-sox-top-10-prospects/#K4RULafX8TrCJqJR.97

Not so sure I agree with Groome over Chavis. Granted Groome has an incredibly high ceiling, Chavis took major strides as a hitter and factors to be MLB ready at some point in 2018, whether or not he's wearing a Red Sox uni. I can see why as BA predominately goes the ceiling route, but eh...

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Boston Red Sox Top 10 Prospects

1. Jay Groome, LHP
2. Michael Chavis, 3B
3. Tanner Houck, RHP
4. Bryan Mata, RHP
5. Cole Brannen, OF
6. Darwinzon Hernandez, LHP
7. Sam Travis, 1B
8. Mike Shawaryn, RHP
9. Alex Scherff, RHP
10. Marco Hernandez, SS/2B

https://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2018-boston-red-sox-top-10-prospects/#K4RULafX8TrCJqJR.97

I'm a little surprised Travis sank so far, Shawaryn got decent press last season, thought he would be higher, no Dalbec might be my biggest quarrel. I ultimately expect bigger things from Chavis than I do Groome but a prospective front line starter will always go higher than a corner INF who can rake. All in all its a fine list, no major issues.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
The most blatantly homeristic, inaccurate grades BA has ever put out. Clearly they have a fortune invested into his cards.

Wow. Absolutely no way those are accurate.

My bad- the last official scouting scale on Vladdy was 70-60 (from BA, Oct 2016). Some dude on the BA chat listed 80-70 but I can't find where that came from.
Nevertheless, Vladdy still rocks.:cool:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
My bad- the last official scouting scale on Vladdy was 70-60 (from BA, Oct 2016). Some dude on the BA chat listed 80-70 but I can't find where that came from.
Nevertheless, Vladdy still rocks.:cool:
Those grades are beneath his scouting report in the link above. Only subscribers can access it.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
The 80 hit tool is absurd but I don't think he's all that far off from being a 65/70-70 rated prospect. The elite power hasn't quiet shown up yet but we got a sneak peak of it towards the end of the season and he's still only 18.

Agreed with idea of a 65/70 prospect if he takes another step this year. He is so young.

I can't even think of what an 80 hit tool prospect would actually look like from a batted ball profile standpoint. That would just be amazing.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Chicago White Sox Top 10 Prospects

1. Eloy Jimenez, OF
2. Michael Kopech, RHP
3. Alec Hansen, RHP
4. Luis Robert, OF
5. Dane Dunning, RHP
6. Zack Collins, C
7. Jake Burger, 3B
8. Blake Rutherford, OF
9. Gavin Sheets, 1B
10. Dylan Cease, RHP

https://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2018-chicago-white-sox-top-10-prospects/#FlhU0hUcHlitQVog.97

Not surprised at all to see King Eloy at the top. I'm not overstating this by any means. When I saw him play in Winston-Salem this past summer, he's the best pure hitter I've ever seen in my 11 years of watching minor league baseball. The plate discipline, pitch recognition, bat speed, plate coverage, was simply off the charts. Even his foul balls were complete lasers. It's going to be a treat to watch this guy dominate in the show.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Not surprised at all to see King Eloy at the top. I'm not overstating this by any means. When I saw him play in Winston-Salem this past summer, he's the best pure hitter I've ever seen in my 11 years of watching minor league baseball. The plate discipline, pitch recognition, bat speed, plate coverage, was simply off the charts. Even his foul balls were complete lasers. It's going to be a treat to watch this guy dominate in the show.
One of my chat questions will be his chances at a call up this year.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online