Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Organizational Top 10 Prospect Lists Thread (Today - Update)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Not surprised at all to see King Eloy at the top. I'm not overstating this by any means. When I saw him play in Winston-Salem this past summer, he's the best pure hitter I've ever seen in my 11 years of watching minor league baseball. The plate discipline, pitch recognition, bat speed, plate coverage, was simply off the charts. Even his foul balls were complete lasers. It's going to be a treat to watch this guy dominate in the show.

While I believe Acuna is the best all-around (non two-way) position player in the minors at the moment I still consider Eloy Jimenez the best offensive prospect (with Vladimir a close 2nd). I have a lot of faith in him and I've proven it by dropping a lot of coin on him. I really do believe he has superstar potential.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Last edited:

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Check out Nick Gordon's ranking. :confused:

Minnesota Twins Top 10 Prospects

1. Royce Lewis, SS
2. Wander Javier, SS
3. Alex Kirilloff, OF/1B
4. Stephen Gonsalves, LHP
5. Brusdar Graterol, RHP
6. Fernando Romero, RHP
7. Brent Rooker, OF/1B
8. Nick Gordon, SS/2B
9. Blayne Enlow, RHP
10. Tyler Jay, LHP

https://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2018-minnesota-twins-top-10-prospects/#FeKiRQB7UcV5Ht1y.97

I'm stoked to see Javier getting some serious love. Saw him play in the Appy League on vacation last year in Tennessee. The kid is the real real.

I'm also happy to see Kirilloff ranked so high, given his health woes. Hopefully he has nice season!

I ranked Gordon second in the system right behind Lewis. BA's ranking is way too low IMO.

I'm liking the Enlow love. He has a #2-3 ceiling for sure.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Two lists in one day. From BA's JJ Cooper -

With the Astros and Pirates rumored to be completing a trade that would send righthander Gerrit Cole to the Pirates, here’s a sneak peak at what was our soon-to-be-released Astros Top 10 Prospects list. It’s very possible that we will have to adjust the rankings.

Houston Astros Top 10 Prospects

1. Forrest Whitley, RHP
2. Kyle Tucker, OF
3. Yordan Alvarez, 1B/OF
4. J.B. Bukauskas, RHP
5. Freudis Nova, SS
6. Jairo Solis, RHP
7. Hector Perez, RHP
8. Jorge Alcala, RHP
9. Colin Moran, 3B/1B
10. David Paulino, RHP

https://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/astros-top-10-prospects-2018-222724/#XdViCFmdIzpXCuHu.97

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.

With the Astros and Pirates rumored to be completing a trade that would send righthander Gerrit Cole to the Pirates, here’s a sneak peak at what was our soon-to-be-released Astros Top 10 Prospects list. It’s very possible that we will have to adjust the rankings.

1. Forrest Whitley, RHP
2. Kyle Tucker, OF
3. Yordan Alvarez, 1B/OF
4. J.B. Bukauskas, RHP
5. Freudis Nova, SS
6. Jairo Solis, RHP
7. Hector Perez, RHP
8. Jorge Alcala, RHP
9. Colin Moran, 3B/1B
10. David Paulino, RHP

https://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/astros-top-10-prospects-2018-222724/#XdViCFmdIzpXCuHu.97

No Myles Straw, Garrett Stubbs or J.D. Davis? Yikes...all of those pitchers except Whitley and Bukauskas are at least 3-4 years, if not more from their true ceilings.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
No Myles Straw, Garrett Stubbs or J.D. Davis? Yikes...all of those pitchers except Whitley and Bukauskas are at least 3-4 years, if not more from their true ceilings.

Or Rogelio Armenteros. But who knows, maybe these guys will appear on their revised list as soon as the Cole trade becomes official.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Or Rogelio Armenteros. But who knows, maybe these guys will appear on their revised list as soon as the Cole trade becomes official.

Definitely a possibility! I just looked at my Astros top 10 and totally forgot about Armenteros, even though I had him ranked in the top 10.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Check out Nick Gordon's ranking. :confused:

Minnesota Twins Top 10 Prospects

1. Royce Lewis, SS
2. Wander Javier, SS
3. Alex Kirilloff, OF/1B
4. Stephen Gonsalves, LHP
5. Brusdar Graterol, RHP
6. Fernando Romero, RHP
7. Brent Rooker, OF/1B
8. Nick Gordon, SS/2B
9. Blayne Enlow, RHP
10. Tyler Jay, LHP

https://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2018-minnesota-twins-top-10-prospects/#FeKiRQB7UcV5Ht1y.97

Kinda funny because I project Lewis quite similarly to Nick Gordon, just with more speed and *slightly* more pop in his bat, yet Lewis is at the top and Gordon near the bottom. I was expecting to see him within the top 3 of their system. I thought for sure the TJ surgery that kept Kirilloff from playing all year would have dropped him outside the top 5 (you know, the out of sight, out of mind prospect syndrome. He certainly has the stuff to come back with a tremendous season) and seeing Graterol, Gonsalves, & Romero ranked ahead of Gordon is shameful. Too early to speak of Graterol but the other two appear to be #3 pitchers at best and at worst, bottom of the rotation. Outside of Lewis, Wander Javier was the only one who I thought might sneak ahead of Gordon.

1. Forrest Whitley, RHP
2. Kyle Tucker, OF
3. Yordan Alvarez, 1B/OF
4. J.B. Bukauskas, RHP
5. Freudis Nova, SS
6. Jairo Solis, RHP
7. Hector Perez, RHP
8. Jorge Alcala, RHP
9. Colin Moran, 3B/1B
10. David Paulino, RHP

Shucks, I was hoping to see Tucker at #1 (purely based on the fact I'm heavily invested in him) but to be honest, I noticed quite a few holes in his swing & approach during the AFL. Also, in my mind Whitley is one of the best pitching prospects in the game right now so he deserves the praise.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Kinda funny because I project Lewis quite similarly to Nick Gordon, just with more speed and *slightly* more pop in his bat, yet Lewis is at the top and Gordon near the bottom. I was expecting to see him within the top 3 of their system. I thought for sure the TJ surgery that kept Kirilloff from playing all year would have dropped him outside the top 5 (you know, the out of sight, out of mind prospect syndrome. He certainly has the stuff to come back with a tremendous season) and seeing Graterol, Gonsalves, & Romero ranked ahead of Gordon is shameful. Too early to speak of Graterol but the other two appear to be #3 pitchers at best and at worst, bottom of the rotation. Outside of Lewis, Wander Javier was the only one who I thought might sneak ahead of Gordon.

I think it's just a case of prospect fatigue with Gordon. He's been a "thing" for four years now. I still think all the talent is there too but he isn't exactly putting up eye popping numbers either.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
^^ Am I the only one who finds it incredible Ohtani didn't lead any categories in BA's Best Tools section?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Especially in the best hitter for average category. Do they seriously believe Jones is a better contact hitter than Ohtani? Wow...

Looks like they've just edited it - he's now best FB and most power.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Texas Rangers Top 10 Prospects

1. Willie Calhoun, OF/2B
2. Leody Taveras, OF
3. Hans Crouse, RHP
4. Cole Ragans, LHP
5. Yohander Mendez, LHP
6. Ronald Guzman, 1B
7. Kyle Cody, RHP
8. Miguel Aparicio, OF
9. Bubba Thompson, OF
10. Chris Seise, SS

https://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2018-texas-rangers-top-10-prospects/#imhy2PbewyzFmQ5C.97

Bubba has a chance to be an absolute monster. The kid needs to shorten up his swing, though. There are way too many holes for pitchers to exploit as is.

Members online