Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thanks 4 the Cheese & Mac!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
About a month ago, you may recall I wrote an article about the Kraft Home Plate Heroes cards that were on the back of Cheese & Macaroni boxes in 1987.

Forum users AndretheNick sent me another interesting one.

tallboy.JPG

This was likely part of a completely separate run, perhaps a proof of some sort, as the regulars did not have so much white at the top. Thanks Andre!

I had been kicking this around, and thought a few customs were in order as well:

The cheese relic card, in all of its neon orange glory
cheese.JPG

Noodles
mac.JPG

AND DUAL CHEESE & MAC 1/1! If you have this card, you will never go hungry. :D
cheesemac.JPG

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not sure the story behind them, but I ended up with a lot of maybe 25 or so of the Strawberry with the same extra white border. Maybe print scraps? Reminds me a little of the twinkle cards that also served as the backing for the snack cakes in their packaging, but obviously not the same case here.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Not sure the story behind them, but I ended up with a lot of maybe 25 or so of the Strawberry with the same extra white border. Maybe print scraps? Reminds me a little of the twinkle cards that also served as the backing for the snack cakes in their packaging, but obviously not the same case here.

Did your extra white borders have a print circle above it? From all the sheets I've seen printed of these, they will have a faint circular border to show where the box was to be put together. Not that it *really* matters either way, I guess, but it is fun to have different variations!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Man, you would have loved talking to my Late Dad.

Besides the obvious A's connection, he had a MCGWIRE PA license plate, he sent away to get us those mail-in "Cheese and Macaroni" T-Shirts Kraft sometimes offered...

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Man, you would have loved talking to my Late Dad.

Besides the obvious A's connection, he had a MCGWIRE PA license plate, he sent away to get us those mail-in "Cheese and Macaroni" T-Shirts Kraft sometimes offered...

McGwire license? That is dedication! He sounds like he was a fun dad :)

Is The cheese and macaroni version rarer than the macaroni and cheese version?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Of course!

Members online