Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

night crew 9001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Mmmmmm....game 7. I'd rather see the astros win but if the dodgers take it, then OK. That's a nice thing about not really caring about either team - you can sit back and enjoy the drama and the competition. And there's no better stage than world series game 7. I'm there.

No trick or treaters at your place? Bummer. But then again maybe not. I go back and forth from year to year. Some years I'm totally into it with multiple carved pumpkins and candy galore, hoping for masses of kids to show up. Other years I just can't be bothered.

Yeah I don't care which team wins this year either. I mostly just watch highlights these days anyways. Watching some 7 hour chess feeds that end in a draw is enough excitement for me. :lol:

It seems in the last few years kids go trick or treating at stores now?? this is what I hear at least, doesn't make any sense to me.

I was going to go see the new Saw movie but noticed a review said there was lowered torture **** :confused: ... hard to reboot a franchise I guess.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
The trick or treating around my brother's neighborhood has really trailed off. I admit the weather here was crappy tonight, but for gods sake it's Laramie. People should be used to it! I really think it's these happy clappy chamber-of-commerce events downtown, or orchestrated trick or treats in wealthy neighborhoods, that draw in the modern overprotective parents now. Nobody goes out in their own neighborhood anymore. One guy actually said we were the only group that came around the entire night. He had a giant bowl of candy and pumpkins on the porch and no kids. WTF? Helicopter parents are just worried sick about the old razor blade in the apple, so they have to ferry their kids off to somewhere "safe". Honestly. Walking around your own neighborhood and knocking on doors is apparently a thing of the past in this post 9/11 universe.

Bah. End of rant.

On the bright side, World Series game 7. Sign me up. The excitement of that never changes. That's good ol' Americana right there :)

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
009958ae75f231e28469897d1f9f844c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
He had a giant bowl of candy and pumpkins on the porch and no kids. WTF? Helicopter parents are just worried sick about the old razor blade in the apple, so they have to ferry their kids off to somewhere "safe". Honestly. Walking around your own neighborhood and knocking on doors is apparently a thing of the past in this post 9/11 universe.

Yep, everyone needs a safe space or some BS these days. A few years in a row I was burned by buying a bunch of candy and nobody showed up. This year if someone showed I was just going to give 5 bucks each (which was why I'm glad they didn't.)

Maybe everyone getting offended (see the Cosmo sht I was talking about yesterday) by costumes was part of the decline this year.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
That’s Brother Love!!

I don't remember Brother Love that much (at least I don't remember him as that bad of a lobster), but I remember Dude Love! :lol: I even have a Dude Love toy (found the other day) Also have a Billy Gunn as Assman toy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts