Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My First Redemption (FedEx Is Crazy Inefficient)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I traded an extra Altuve RC for a redemption card that was a GU/Autograph of some Dodgers rookie pitcher. I made the trade to help out an Astros fan that didn't want to pay that much money for a base card and, for me, trading a base card for an autograph is something I will do all day long.

So I entered my code into Topps and expected to be waiting months, but was pleasantly surprised to get notification three days later that my card was at FedEx. Awesome! Since then, here is the path it has taken:

10/27 - Picked up by FedEx in Pittston, PA
10/28 - Arrives in Lewsberry, PA
10/30 - Arrives in Martinsburg, WV
10/31 - Arrives in Indianapolis, IN (not totally crazy, but kinda in the wrong direction if you're aiming for Louisiana)
11/01 - Arrives in Little Rock, AR
11/02 - Arrives in Hutchins, TX (you've overshot your target)
11/03 - Arrives in Dallas, TX (seriously?)
11/04 - Transferred to USPS

So they wasted ALL of this gas to get this package from Pennsylvania to Texas only to give the package to the Post Office? Why didn't they just give it to USPS in Pennsylvania? What am I missing here?

I'm in no rush to get the card, I'm just baffled by the inefficiency of FedEx. No wonder they cost so much more than USPS.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
I drive for Fedex, and sometimes what they do baffles me. But the USPS, and UPS all do exactly the same thing

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I drive for Fedex, and sometimes what they do baffles me. But the USPS, and UPS all do exactly the same thing

Oh, I agree. I'm just baffled that they did all of the legwork and then gave it to USPS at the end.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Oh, I agree. I'm just baffled that they did all of the legwork and then gave it to USPS at the end.

why be baffled? It's called Smartpost or something else depending on the shipper. A sender uses Smartpost or similar service where FedEx or UPS or DHL take their package, run it through their networks in a slow-boat-to-china manner, delivering the package to the USPS facility where the customer's mail carrier calls home for the last-mile delivery.

Topps uses one of these services to deliver their goods to customers. I've received a redemption and topps now products using this supposedly lower-shipping-cost service so it must be cheaper than using USPS first class parcel if topps uses them.

Members online

Latest posts