Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew: 666

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
:evil:

Whats up guys, is anyone around? I started a new thing in the transaction forum, I will put a card FS every 9pm (midnight east) lets see how it goes...

Also saw that Roy Halladay vid [MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION] posted. That's some scary sht right there. The boaters were more composed than I would have been.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Good evening Herr Haste!

Been a busy day here, so now just chilling out listening to one of the reggae shows on the radio, and trolling COMC for cameo cards. I'm 43 and this is my life. At least I'm swilling a Telluride Rye Pale Ale.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
He would be HOF eligible in a year? Hard to think he wouldn't get in on a first ballot, alive or dead.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Good evening Herr Haste!

Been a busy day here, so now just chilling out listening to one of the reggae shows on the radio, and trolling COMC for cameo cards. I'm 43 and this is my life. At least I'm swilling a Telluride Rye Pale Ale.

Cool, I'm trying to think who else I know that had a big cameo card collection... what is your criteria?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah, Halladay has a good chance to get in. If you look at cumulative numbers he might be borderline HOF, but he was the (or, a) dominant pitcher of his era so that counts.

Cameos. Well, I dunno. I guess it depends on what day it is and how bored I am. Some are obvious, but others are educated guesswork. For example, I see a card of a right handed pitcher with the photo taken just up the third base line, and there's this guy who looks like the 2nd baseman in a fielding stance in the background. Well I know Juan Guzman started X games in 1993, and Alomar started Y games in 1993, and the blurry fielder in the background kinda looks like Alomar. So OK, I'll spend $0.50 on COMC for what I declare to be a "cameo". This is true taxicab confessions stuff here...don't judge. Only true obsessives do this and only the shameless obsessives will admit it. The good thing is that I've only done this maybe 2-3 times in the last couple years, so don't reserve a padded cell for me yet.

In a related note, it's been a DRY spell for my PC on ebay and other card sites recently. First world problems.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah, Cameo level boredom = over 9000. Sounds like you're doing it right. :D I used to do "shtty TTM" where I would get autos from guys like Dusty Baker and in the letter tell him how much of a genius he is. :lol: That is max level boredom as well....

One of these days it will show up on [MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION] doorstep, like those pranks with the creepy gnomes.

Members online