Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Thread: Racist Corn Pop

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Racist Corn Pop

Kellogg's will be redesigning Corn Pops cereal boxes after a complaint*about racially insensitive art on the packaging.

The Battle Creek, Mich.-based cereal and snack maker said on Twitter Wednesday it will replace the cover drawing of cartoon characters shaped like corn kernels*populating a shopping mall.

The corn pop characters are shown shopping, playing in an arcade or frolicked in a fountain. One*skateboards down an escalator.*

AP KELLOGG CHINA F FILE USA PA

What struck Saladin Ahmed*was that a single brown corn pop was working as a janitor operating a floor waxer. Ahmed, current writer of Marvel Comics' Black Bolt series and author of 2012 fantasy novel Throne of the Crescent Moon,*took to Twitter on Tuesday to ask, "Why is literally the only brown corn pop on the whole cereal box the janitor? this is teaching kids racism."

He added in a*subsequent post: "yes its a tiny thing, but when you see your kid staring at this over breakfast and realize millions of other kids are doing the same…"

Kellogg's responded to Ahmed on the social media network about five hours later that "Kellogg is committed to diversity & inclusion. We did not intend to offend – we apologize. The artwork is updated & will be in stores soon."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171110-110745.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	690.0 KB 
ID:	74444

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I read this I was thinking “ here come the PC police again” ....

But looking at the image- it’s literally a hundred white pops and one back one whose cleaning up. I’d agree it should be altered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After I had identified a few, I saw and recognized the shade of him who made, through cowardice, the great refusal.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People need to be less pussified. Who gives one iota of a **** about Corn Pops?

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now it will be racist by excluding all different types . I see their point but if that's all I can complain about I've had a great life .

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let the MLB know you’d like to see UD back. The license comes up in a couple years and they listen on social media.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, that janitor isn't even a corn pop.

It has different eyes than all the others.

It has a nose and wears clothes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxabuser View Post
    People need to be less pussified.
    Horse is out of the barn. I guess that's what happens when the bun leaves the oven, the parents go off to party, hit the bars or smoke pot as if they have no responsibilities on the home front for 18 years while their children are taught their "morals" and "ethics" and how life is from the internet instead of their parents.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    Horse is out of the barn. I guess that's what happens when the bun leaves the oven, the parents go off to party, hit the bars or smoke pot as if they have no responsibilities on the home front for 18 years while their children are taught their "morals" and "ethics" and how life is from the internet instead of their parents.
    That is a huge part of the problem. I think it's safe to substitute some of the partying for households with a single parent that mas multiple part-time jobs. Different intention, same net effect.

It's now 'popular' to be PC and label things racist or sexist. What happened to people arguing their points and making a case for their opinion? And at then end of the day, if you don't like someone, you just don't interact with them. Now, it's "let's mob this person (literally or figuratively on social media) and call them out for something I was offended by!"
    Tradelist (open trade folder): https://goo.gl/9QaZll

2011 Topps Heritage Red/Blue/Green Tints - 54% Complete
    2010 Topps Allen & Ginter NNO - 59/350 | 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter Bazooka Back - 52/350

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let the MLB know you’d like to see UD back. The license comes up in a couple years and they listen on social media.

johnryno2012
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancemountain View Post
    When I read this I was thinking “ here come the PC police again” ....

But looking at the image- it’s literally a hundred white pops and one back one whose cleaning up. I’d agree it should be altered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how about AFRO BEER ?