Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Game on! Otani open to sign in The MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Tom‏ @Haudricourt
The #Brewers have been informed they will not move to second round with Japanese free agent Shohei Ohtani.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken Rosenthal‏ [MENTION=11748]ken[/MENTION]_Rosenthal
#DBacks also out on Ohtani, per source.

Teams that have yet to acknowledge outcome include #Cubs, #Angels, #Rangers, #Padres. Possible indication they’re in; not confirmed.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Bob Nightengale‏@BNightengale
Several #MLB GMs now believe that the Seattle #Mariners are the clear-cut front runners for Ohtani's services and the Mariners are cautiously optimistic

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jerry Crasnick @jcrasnick
To no one's surprise, the #Braves are out on Shohei Otani.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Chelsea Janes‏ @chelsea_janes
The Nationals have been told they are out of the running for Shohei Ohtani, according to a person familiar. No surprise there.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
He will become a Mariner. They really look for 3 things in a player and he checks all the boxes.

[X] Is the player Japanese?
[X] Does the player have an arm injury?
[X] Would that contract to sign said player be too large for a team needed to rebuild?

Yes, he WILL become a Mariner. :confused:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
He will become a Mariner. They really look for 3 things in a player and he checks all the boxes.

[X] Is the player Japanese?
[X] Does the player have an arm injury?
[X] Would that contract to sign said player be too large for a team needed to rebuild?

Yes, he WILL become a Mariner. :confused:

Although I thoroughly enjoy the humor won't his initial contract be relatively small due to the international signing rules??

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken Rosenthal‏ [MENTION=11748]ken[/MENTION]_Rosenthal
Teams known to be or believed to be meeting with Ohtani, per sources and reports: #Dodgers; #Mariners; #SFGiants; #Padres; #Cubs; #Rangers. Status of #Astros and #Reds not known. Status of #Angels also not known…

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
3 teams did not even reply to the info request from CAA. Pretty lame to not even try. I'm leaning towards SEA, TX and SD. I would think the Cubs and the Reds are out and if small market is important you can cross off LA and SF.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Ah screw that Ohtani guy. He's overrated 😉 I'm joking, I'm joking. It would have been nice for the Yanks to land him, but it just seems like the kid prefers the west coast. Oh well! Time to turn the attention on Maitan!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jon Heyman @JonHeyman
Reds, like every team east of the Mississippi except cubs, are out on ohtani

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Astros are out as well.

The final seven are Dodgers, Mariners, Giants, Padres, Cubs, Rangers and Angels.

Members online

Latest posts