Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official FAKE AF Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Someone should tell this dipsh!t that putting a fake auto with "real" dirt doesn't make the auto real. Sold by stubssports

1.jpg

Scott F

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have no idea if it was the same seller, but a while back I ended up buying some Pacific plates from the early 90s. After I got a few, they just looked off. I didn't have a lot into them and stayed away from future offerings just to be safe.

On a couple, the entire card image was not on the plate, like it was misaligned slightly. It is possible they could have been real though. They could have been something Pacific sold off at some point (I remember them having a pretty big retail store closing sale in the late 90s/early 00s that I discovered at the very end) or maybe after they were acquired, maybe some of the assets were sold. I am pretty certain that prior to the first pack issued plates by Pinnacle in the late 90s, no card plates were circulating. It really makes you wonder.

Every single card cardmax1 sells:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/cardmax1/m.html?item=252918463964&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

All fake plates. The giveaway on many of them is how many of his "plates" have parts that were only done as foil stamping. Plus, plates from the 80's? No, not so much.

Also, I couldn't find it, but there was a blatant fake patch on COMC for quite a while. I thought it was a Rolen/Pujols, but I don't remember enough details to find it anywhere.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Can you walk us through the hallmarks of a real Rivera autograph?

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

The first thing I'd point out is that the modern Mariano auto is usually meticulous, and REALLY nice looking. It's usually rated as one of, if not the best modern signature out there. Here's one of my favorites, mostly because I got it for $25. He did these at some trade show.

PHOTO 5 X 7 EYEFINITY.jpg

I'll see some here and there that look rushed, probably from people hounding him at dinner or maybe a TTM, but the "M" & "R" are always spot on.

CARD 2009 TOPPS HERITAGE #315.jpg

When you look at the fakes the "M" & "R" are always off. If they're close you will see starts and stops in the ink and/or shakiness from someone trying to copy or trace his signature. Look through the fakes I posted at the "M" & "R", none of them are even close.

Once in a while one of these losers will try to get cute and try to fake an earlier signature, but those are more rare so I'll do that another time.

If anyone is ever looking to buy a Mo auto, please ask me first, I'll gladly give an opinion for free.

Scott F

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Another crap Mo auto from crap human being pingplayer1

1.jpg

2 more to add today. Both are from speedaudio. He sold all 3 of his other fakes, so why not make more?

1.jpg

2.jpg

If anyone reads this stuff please report this trash. Here are the links:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARIANO-RIVERA-YANKEES-SIGNED-2009-WORLD-SERIES-BASEBALL/122838472025?hash=item1c99be5559:g:ceEAAOSwIJlaIWcM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARIANO-RIVERA-YANKEES-SIGNED-OFFICIAL-MAJOR-LEAGUE-BASEBALL/122838533068?hash=item1c99bf43cc:g:pkwAAOSwnCFaIW-~

Scott F

Last edited:

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
This guy's not even trying. Has 10K autos listed, I'm guessing they're all fakes. P.O.S. legendsandmoreinc2

1.jpg

2.jpg

Scott F

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Some more fake garbage from "winners at life"...

Seller jskaner9 gives us this piece of garbage:

2.jpg

And seller walmartsucks2 shows how smart he is by selling this crap with an ACE cert:

1.jpg

I hope they both catch ******. On their faces.

Scott F

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
The first thing I'd point out is that the modern Mariano auto is usually meticulous, and REALLY nice looking. It's usually rated as one of, if not the best modern signature out there. Here's one of my favorites, mostly because I got it for $25. He did these at some trade show.

View attachment 74997

I'll see some here and there that look rushed, probably from people hounding him at dinner or maybe a TTM, but the "M" & "R" are always spot on.

View attachment 74998

When you look at the fakes the "M" & "R" are always off. If they're close you will see starts and stops in the ink and/or shakiness from someone trying to copy or trace his signature. Look through the fakes I posted at the "M" & "R", none of them are even close.

Once in a while one of these losers will try to get cute and try to fake an earlier signature, but those are more rare so I'll do that another time.

If anyone is ever looking to buy a Mo auto, please ask me first, I'll gladly give an opinion for free.

Scott F

your so right, i watched him sign this, took his time and it shows.

KImS2QO.jpg

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Some more to add:

Someone should tell moron seller treasurehunter2005 to at least change up the pen when signing 16 fake autographs:

1.jpg

Seller mtmjgm1193 sold this one, so he's committed fraud/theft.

2.jpg

I sent a message to this scumbag, for some reason they didn't reply: shipdiner3 has got multiple fakes listed.

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

Another coward/scumbag: pmeyer171123

5.jpg

This low end of the bell curve example said they "didn't appreciate" my "Fake." message because they got it from a "prominent dealer" that they wouldn't name, and it came with a "letter of authenticity" that they didn't show. So it has to be real. Right? Right!

7.jpg

To any of the sellers I've mentioned: you've been told you're selling fakes, if you haven't removed the listing you're a scumbag/criminal that steals from children, because let's be honest, only the stupid or uneducated children would buy your garbage. Please punch yourself in the face. Repeatedly.

Scott F

Last edited:

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Another person the world would be better off without:

Seller: bouds106, their fake garbage:

1.jpg

Scott F

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I haven't posted much in this thread lately, but I still like calling out the scumbags that sell fake Mariano's on ebay when I see them. Today I sent a "Fake." message to repeat scumbag trevus.u6wqwppel and he was a little upset about it.

Here's his latest "auto"

s-l1600.jpg

Here's the messages chain:

Me: "Fake."

Him: (All caps are his):

1 - "TALK TO YOUR MOTHER ABOUT IT".
2 - "COWARDS LIKE YOURSELF LOVE TO USE THE INTERNET AS A "CUSHION".. YOU SURELY WOULDN'T TALK CRAP TO ME IN PERSON.. YOU'RE THE FAKE"
3 - "I KNOW YOUR "KIND".. YOU'RE AN ADULT AGE CHILD, LOUD MOUTHED MOMMA'S BOY THAT STILL LIVES UPSTAIRS AT HOME IN YOUR CHILDHOOD BEDROOM.. YOU NEED A TASTE OF THE REAL WORLD BOY.. ID BET MY LIFE YOU'D CRY FOR MOMMY TOO! DONT EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN YOU LITTLE PUNK SISSY".

Me: "You sell fake autographs to children because you're too stupid and lazy to make a living legitimately. If you want to have a conversation out in the open about the fake garbage you're selling I'm on all the big collecting message boards. I've even mentioned you and your fakes on some of them so collectors know what a scumbag you are. I'll be there waiting tough guy....."

I'm REALLY hoping he comes on here.

Scott F

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I haven't posted much in this thread lately, but I still like calling out the scumbags that sell fake Mariano's on ebay when I see them. Today I sent a "Fake." message to repeat scumbag trevus.u6wqwppel and he was a little upset about it.

Here's his latest "auto"

View attachment 79675

Here's the messages chain:

Me: "Fake."

Him: (All caps are his):

1 - "TALK TO YOUR MOTHER ABOUT IT".
2 - "COWARDS LIKE YOURSELF LOVE TO USE THE INTERNET AS A "CUSHION".. YOU SURELY WOULDN'T TALK CRAP TO ME IN PERSON.. YOU'RE THE FAKE"
3 - "I KNOW YOUR "KIND".. YOU'RE AN ADULT AGE CHILD, LOUD MOUTHED MOMMA'S BOY THAT STILL LIVES UPSTAIRS AT HOME IN YOUR CHILDHOOD BEDROOM.. YOU NEED A TASTE OF THE REAL WORLD BOY.. ID BET MY LIFE YOU'D CRY FOR MOMMY TOO! DONT EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN YOU LITTLE PUNK SISSY".

Me: "You sell fake autographs to children because you're too stupid and lazy to make a living legitimately. If you want to have a conversation out in the open about the fake garbage you're selling I'm on all the big collecting message boards. I've even mentioned you and your fakes on some of them so collectors know what a scumbag you are. I'll be there waiting tough guy....."

I'm REALLY hoping he comes on here.

Scott F

Wow that is a bad fake. He needs to work on his penmanship.

Maybe next time to talk to him you can ask if his fakes are so bad due to the Carple Tunnel from pumping off too much :lol:

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
His next reply: "WELL.. I HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!! CALLED YOU OUT AS YOU ARE..A PUNK SISSY MOMMY'S BOY, STILL LIVING IN HER HOUSE.. YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A COWARD TROLLING THE INTERNET.. CUZ YOU'RE AFRAID TO SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO A REAL MAN'S FACE, I CAN TELL YOU'VE TAKEN A LOT OF BEATINGS OUT THERE FOR YOUR SMART MOUTH.. CUZ YOUR MOTHER CODDLED HER LITTLE GIRLY BOY! YOU'RE JUST A LITTLE GIRLY PUNK SISSYRELLI, GO PLAY WITH YOUR BARBIES".

I'm going to send him a link to this thread.

I'm almost giddy with excitement...

Scott F

Members online