Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hunt Auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I just won my first "real" auction lot today. I decided to try to win a lot from todays auction and was victorious. Prior to this, I had never tried to bid in an actual auction house offering. Not sure how it works exactly with eBay winners though. They said they would email me after the auction ends, so it appears that happens after all lots are run through bidding.

The lot included 14 signature dies that were used in the making of bats. More than half of the names I had not heard of, but a couple recognizable commons and 4 what I would consider to be star names. If anyone may be interested in one for their collection, I am looking to possibly recoup some of my cost against the single die I really wanted. Post or message me and once I have them, I will decide what I plan to do.

Lot includes: Steve Garvey, Pedro Guerrero, Vic Antonetty, Rusty Torres, Kelly Snider, Jerry Feldman, Dave Gamble, Jim Ray, Ed Levy, Jose Martinez, George A Bell, Tommy Davis, Elmore Hill, and Larry Doby Johnson.

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2010
That's really a neat auction win! Sounds like you had a good first experience.

I had my first "real" auction experience last year. I was bidding on two 1/1 cards of a no-name scrub and was mysteriously outbid on both cards. One of the cards sold for a ridiculous $146. Two weeks later the card appeared on eBay and I won it for $22.50. I couldn't believe it when the card shipped. Anyway, I'm skeptical of most of these auction houses now (not that eBay is any better).

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Auction houses are addictive, watch out!

The catalogs are really fun to peruse and you find some incredible items.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Although I don't need anyone you listed, I do think that is a great item to have.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
For modern stuff I find some really good bargains compared to ebay prices in "real" auctions. A couple times I got some outright steals.

Scott F

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I wouldn't worry too much about getting them. I will say they do usually ship slowly, mostly because it's still a pretty small company, but you should be fine. Dave's a stand-up guy IMO, they just don't always get things done quickly...

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Just a note to solicit some interest, if out there.

I just listed a few of the common players on eBay and even tracked down a family member of one of the older players, Ed Levy, while researching them. That one is on it's way to his son, 8 others are on the open market. I have pulled the Garvey for myself and Guerrero, Davis and Snider, who are being considered for my Dodger PC. The lone starlet, George "Jorge" Bell, is on hold waiting to see if the commons get any bidding activity. I'll probably list it as well if there is interest in them.

Just search "Louisville Slugger die" or click here https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...die.TRS0&_nkw=louisville+slugger+die&_sacat=0 to find them.

Carlosantonetty

May 9, 2020
I just won my first "real" auction lot today. I decided to try to win a lot from todays auction and was victorious. Prior to this, I had never tried to bid in an actual auction house offering. Not sure how it works exactly with eBay winners though. They said they would email me after the auction ends, so it appears that happens after all lots are run through bidding.

The lot included 14 signature dies that were used in the making of bats. More than half of the names I had not heard of, but a couple recognizable commons and 4 what I would consider to be star names. If anyone may be interested in one for their collection, I am looking to possibly recoup some of my cost against the single die I really wanted. Post or message me and once I have them, I will decide what I plan to do.

Lot includes: Steve Garvey, Pedro Guerrero, Vic Antonetty, Rusty Torres, Kelly Snider, Jerry Feldman, Dave Gamble, Jim Ray, Ed Levy, Jose Martinez, George A Bell, Tommy Davis, Elmore Hill, and Larry Doby Johnson.

View attachment 74475
A bit late but Vic Antonetty was my dad is that one for sale?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am pretty sure that one never sold. Let me check. Only a couple sold, so I stopped trying after a bit.

I actually gave one die from the lot to a family member (son) of the player and would do the same for you if you could provide some sort of proof that you were related.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I believe his is the bottom one. Some of them are a bit of a pain to read backwards and not being familiar with their signatures.

image0.jpeg

Carlosantonetty

May 9, 2020
I believe his is the bottom one. Some of them are a bit of a pain to read backwards and not being familiar with their signatures.

View attachment 113213
That’s his signature when he was young after he got older he changed it to one a bit more complicated part because been left handed the one that he created was easier and part because we figured out how to copy it lol... I mean my brothers and sister did (cough) lol

Members online