Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Thread: Hunt Auction

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hunt Auction

I just won my first "real" auction lot today. I decided to try to win a lot from todays auction and was victorious. Prior to this, I had never tried to bid in an actual auction house offering. Not sure how it works exactly with eBay winners though. They said they would email me after the auction ends, so it appears that happens after all lots are run through bidding.

The lot included 14 signature dies that were used in the making of bats. More than half of the names I had not heard of, but a couple recognizable commons and 4 what I would consider to be star names. If anyone may be interested in one for their collection, I am looking to possibly recoup some of my cost against the single die I really wanted. Post or message me and once I have them, I will decide what I plan to do.

Lot includes: Steve Garvey, Pedro Guerrero, Vic Antonetti, Rusty Torres, Kelly Snider, Terry Feldman, Dave Gamble, Jim Rau, Ed Levy, Jose Martinez, George A Bell, Tommy Davis, Elmore Hill, and Larry Johnson.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l500.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	74475

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is such a cool item! Congrats!!! I would love to have a Gwynn one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are really awesome.
    I PC Jeff Frye and Ozzie Smith. Working on 2017 A&G and Donruss Optic currently
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

youseekyoda421
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really a neat auction win! Sounds like you had a good first experience.

I had my first "real" auction experience last year. I was bidding on two 1/1 cards of a no-name scrub and was mysteriously outbid on both cards. One of the cards sold for a ridiculous $146. Two weeks later the card appeared on eBay and I won it for $22.50. I couldn't believe it when the card shipped. Anyway, I'm skeptical of most of these auction houses now (not that eBay is any better).

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auction houses are addictive, watch out!

The catalogs are really fun to peruse and you find some incredible items.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I don't need anyone you listed, I do think that is a great item to have.

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For modern stuff I find some really good bargains compared to ebay prices in "real" auctions. A couple times I got some outright steals.

Scott F
    Mariano Rivera Super Collector. Always buying rare Mo's - PSA's, Auto's, Patches, Printing Plates, or any other rare Mo's. I PAY MORE THAN ANYONE FOR MARIANO'S I NEED.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't worry too much about getting them. I will say they do usually ship slowly, mostly because it's still a pretty small company, but you should be fine. Dave's a stand-up guy IMO, they just don't always get things done quickly...
    Currently looking for: 2012 Ultra football (1992 style) #31 Rudy and Gold parallel version of 2011 Bowman Platinum Chase Utley #94.

Always looking for: 2008 BC Jake Peavy Orange Refractors /25, have 6 so far.