Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GIANCARLO STANTON TRADED TO YANKEES FOR CASTRO/GUZMAN/DEVERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'd give another bat prospect to avoid putting a pitcher in the deal. The Sox have hard time drafting major league starters they can't afford to toss them in deal, decent bats seem to fall from the sky to Fenway though.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Here’s what local St. Louis sports radio personality Bernie Miklasz had to say this morning about the Cardinals chances of landing Giancarlo Stanton.

Bernie also discuss the San Francisco Giants, Boston Red Sox and Philadelphia Phillies future payroll situations, and what impact that may have on those teams landing Stanton.

Stanton’s desire to actually win is also questioned.

It’s a decent listen for Cardinals and Giants fans especially.

https://www.facebook.com/samuelbanks22/posts/162390007838570

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Here’s what local St. Louis sports radio personality Bernie Miklasz had to say this morning about the Cardinals chances of landing Giancarlo Stanton.

Bernie also discuss the San Francisco Giants, Boston Red Sox and Philadelphia Phillies future payroll situations, and what impact that may have on those teams landing Stanton.

Stanton’s desire to actually win is also questioned.

It’s a decent listen for Cardinals and Giants fans especially.

https://www.facebook.com/samuelbanks22/posts/162390007838570
I'll have to listen when I get a chance. I cannot understand why SF would want him.

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm hearing more things that Miami is looking for pitching, who isn't, considering that St Louis probably has the best chance. I'm not even sure how San Fran is in the race, that farm system is rough

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'm hearing more things that Miami is looking for pitching, who isn't, considering that St Louis probably has the best chance. I'm not even sure how San Fran is in the race, that farm system is rough
Not only is the system rough, I believe they are second is payroll already dedicated to next year. They r way better selling off assets and starting over. They're not one player away from contending IMO

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Not only is the system rough, I believe they are second is payroll already dedicated to next year. They r way better selling off assets and starting over. They're not one player away from contending IMO

Yeah, Bernie breaks down the payroll numbers of the Giants over the course of the next several years and explains why that may be an issue in acquiring Stanton.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side

Holy f**kballs $181 million!?!? I had no clue their 2018 payroll was so high. Now I understand why the Giants make no sense to be in the running for Stanton. Likely no postseason will be played with no prospects to trade or money that can be paid...so why get Stanton to play?

Last edited:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I haven't really listened to a lot of the stuff regarding the Giants, didn't know their payroll number was that big, knew it was high but that's huge, I'm not sure how they keep coming up in this discussion either

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I can see the Sox trading JBJ to the Giants for prospects and flipping those prospects along with Groome and to the Marlins. There may be other players involved depending on how much money the Sox take on but I think it's certainly a possibility.
I'm always in favor of trading for a known quantity (Stanton) over an unknown one (prospects). Plus it ain't my money and the Sox have some to spend.....

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
If it’s true that Giancarlo Stanton won’t wave his no-trade clause for St. Louis or Boston then it’s clear to me the man has zero desire to win.

If Stanton’s happy collecting his huge contract, smashing a bunch of home runs in a warm climate while playing for a perennial loser, then good for him.

I assume most players take much more pride in their careers than that though.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
585f474c4572f95a5ea26044c856f8c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Giants already have an offer out...it’s Panik, Tyler Beede and Chris Shaw for Stanton and Gordon, no idea if any other names were in, or how much money goes where

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Giants already have an offer out...it’s Panik, Tyler Beede and Chris Shaw for Stanton and Gordon, no idea if any other names were in, or how much money goes where

My Chis Shaw stash is Paniking...

No chance in hell that's anywhere near enough for Stanton by himself, let alone Gordon as well.

If the Giants take on 75% or more of that contract it will.

But with a projected 2018 payroll of $180 million, doing so would make no sense at all.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Bob Nightengale reports the Giants are the "heavy favorites" for him, followed by STL & BOS.

Obviously that means it's mostly a $ deal, as their prospects are lackluster overall.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Bob Nightengale reports the Giants are the "heavy favorites" for him, followed by STL & BOS.

Obviously that means it's mostly a $ deal, as their prospects are lackluster overall.
I can't understand this. The giants never looked like they were just one player away. Hope Ramosn isn't in the deal

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I just don't see the Giants being the "favorites" to land Stanton. They just don't have the prospects even if they take on most if not all of the salary. It's great that STL made an offer but it doesn't mean a whole lot. I'm sure the Marlins have fielded other offers that just haven't been made public.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I just don't see the Giants being the "favorites" to land Stanton. They just don't have the prospects even if they take on most if not all of the salary. It's great that STL made an offer but it doesn't mean a whole lot. I'm sure the Marlins have fielded other offers that just haven't been made public.
I think Stanton wants to be on the west coast....can't say I blame him