Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GIANCARLO STANTON TRADED TO YANKEES FOR CASTRO/GUZMAN/DEVERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jon Heyman‏ @JonHeyman
stanton is on his way to NYC (or there already) for physical. so obviously, he is approving deal.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Mark Feinsand @Feinsand
Source: Marlins will get Castro and two prospects from the Yankees. Yankees will assume $265 million of the $295 million on Stanton’s contract.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Mark Feinsand @Feinsand
Source: Marlins will get Castro and two prospects from the Yankees. Yankees will assume $265 million of the $295 million on Stanton’s contract.

Which two, do you think?

I don't like this move for NY. Cashman has said they need to target pitching this offseason, and what do they do? They double-up on their strength, and most likely will lose at least one starting pitching prospect-- Adams, Acevedo, and I'm guessing Andujar or Frazier.

I think this could have a negative impact on Judge. We'll see.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Well, I got one right.

Joel Sherman‏ @Joelsherman1
The minor leaguers #Marlins are getting are Jorge Guzman and Jose Devers, who is Rafael Devers' cousin.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Well, I got one right.

Joel Sherman‏ @Joelsherman1
The minor leaguers #Marlins are getting are Jorge Guzman and Jose Devers, who is Rafael Devers' cousin.

I know the Yanks are taking on a crap load of salary, but they STOLE him considering the rumor of the Giants package. My God

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I know the Yanks are taking on a crap load of salary, but they STOLE him considering the rumor of the Giants package. My God

Actually, that's not the case. Henry Schulman has debunked that rumor of the Giants' top 4 prospects - none of them were in the offer. It was a similar salary dump. Stanton just didn't want to play for them.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Actually, that's not the case. Henry Schulman has debunked that rumor of the Giants' top 4 prospects - none of them were in the offer. It was a similar salary dump. Stanton just didn't want to play for them.

Ah 10-4. The good old rumor! Regardless, it's still an excellent trade by Cashman. He keeps assets in place to make further moves, while also protecting the top-tier pieces of the farm. Bravo!!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
+1
One has to wonder if the second half Judge is what you will see in ‘18. Low Avg-lots of K’s and HR’s.
He hit .311 in Sept./Oct with his second lowest strikeouts and most homers and rbi.
So whatever 6-week slump he was in after the all-star break, he broke out of it in a monster way.