Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GIANCARLO STANTON TRADED TO YANKEES FOR CASTRO/GUZMAN/DEVERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I dunno how good bob nightingale is but dude is 100% sure he's going to st Louis or SF

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Nightengale is full of of it most of the time but I'd still imagine that St. Louis is one of the major players for Stanton. There aren't many teams with the prospect depth and salary cap room to make that trade work.

I never rule out a Dave Dombrowski team when it comes to throwing prospects at a superstar. It just depends on how far into the luxury tax Boston is willing to go.

Last edited:

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Stanton would be a monster at Fenway but at what cost in the OF? I could see Bradley Jr. in a package with others but the other 2 B's should be untouchable at this point

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Nightengale is full of of it most of the time but I'd still imagine that St. Louis is one of the major players for Stanton. There aren't many teams with the prospect depth and salary cap room to make that trade work.

I never rule out a Dave Dombrowski team when it comes to throwing prospects at a superstar. It just depends on how far into the luxury tax Boston is willing to go.

I think most teams have the prospect depth required to obtain Stanton. It all depends on how much of that massive contract they are willing to take on. I mean, if a team is willing to pay close to a quarter billion for him then they'll only need to give a few mid tier prospects in order to get him.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Stanton would be a monster at Fenway but at what cost in the OF? I could see Bradley Jr. in a package with others but the other 2 B's should be untouchable at this point

I'd be in for JBJ, Sam Travis and Michael Chavis, they offer that and pay most of the money and that should get it done. I love Chavis but I'd make the move even knowing Stanton likely won't play more than 115-120 games anyear and he'll have a steep decline before the contract is up.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The only thing that will keep Giancarlo Stanton out of St. Louis is Giancarlo Stanton.

The Cardinals have the money, the prospects, and the willingness to trade for him.

But at the end of the day, it’s up to Giancarlo to wave his no-trade clause.

And I’m not sure he will do that to play in the Midwest.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I'd be in for JBJ, Sam Travis and Michael Chavis, they offer that and pay most of the money and that should get it done. I love Chavis but I'd make the move even knowing Stanton likely won't play more than 115-120 games anyear and he'll have a steep decline before the contract is up.

I think we should go after Josh Donaldson to cure our issues at 3B.. Devers can DH while learning to play 1st to replace Hanley. We NEED a right handed slugger to take advantage of Fenway and balance the lineup more

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
For another team to take on that contract, Miami would be lucky to get a 12 pack of coke in trade.

He passed through waivers already last season without a claim. Every team in MLB already had a chance to acquire him for money only. I don't think anyone is going to trade for him without the Marlins eating at least some of the post opt out part of the contract. That means there will have to be at least one really good prospect in whatever team's package to acquire him. You can narrow the list down pretty quickly from there. Who has pitching and outfield prospect depth (what the Marlins are seeking) and room to take on that contract? It's a pretty short list. Boston (maybe if the Marlins like Groome or are willing to pay JBJ's contract), St. Louis (definitely have the pitching and outfield prospects), and perhaps SF (though I doubt they have the cap space). You can never rule out the Dodgers but he doesn't seem a good fit there other than his preference for a coast team. The Indians and Astros could be dark horses but they both have issues with acquiring him too.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I think we should go after Josh Donaldson to cure our issues at 3B.. Devers can DH while learning to play 1st to replace Hanley. We NEED a right handed slugger to take advantage of Fenway and balance the lineup more
They had Pablo 😏

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT

I've heard Diamond Dave Dombrowski has no real payroll cap this year, I think Hosmer might end up being the first baseman in Fenway next year. I do agree that Devers is not the third baseman of the future so he will likely be the DH longterm. I'd be fine if the Sox added Hosmer or JD Martinez, although I think Martinez would be foolish not to sign in Arizona, and let Travis/Chavis come along and fill in the corners.
Being that the Sox look willing to spend and they are willing to provide both proven major Leaguers and high prospects, their odds are just as good as anyone else's in my mind to get Stanton

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Matt Barnes for Stanton? Straight up? :D

Seriously though, I could see Boston trading Devers or Chavis, along with perhaps Travis and two top 10 pitching prospects in the Sox org. like Shawaryn and someone else, for Stanton.

The thought of Judge and Stanton battling in the same division for many years to come is awesome, esp cuz they'll be playing each other about 16x or so a year during the reg season, right? Come on Giancarlo, we know you want to see how far over the Green Monster and Landsdowne Street you can actually hit the ball. I bet he's already dreaming of hitting one onto the Pike.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
that contract is an albatross..and we have a few of those still to live through(Hanley and Price) Donaldson would be much better fit for our needs and plenty of RH power especially in Fenway. I would package Travis and JBJ or something with one of them to try and get that type of deal done

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts